“Roach motel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Super 8 Douglas
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Douglas
“Roach motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Live in manager was rude and unwelcoming. Made us feel like a burden. Stayed in 2 rooms. Beds were very hard with very few pillows. Could have been more comfortable on plywood. The hall way looked like it was in the middle of construction but we never saw anyone working. The doors on both rooms had to be slammed to be shut. Room keys stopped working on the 3rd night. Front desk was not manned 24hrs. Breakfast was not open at scheduled time. Front door was never locked. Anyone could have walked in anytime. Stay away!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Gvcandyman
joyce_pDouglas, General Manager at Super 8 Douglas, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
First I need to respond to the title of your reveiw .We do not now nor have we ever had a roach here. And as for the beds we have brand new pillow top beds so im sorry they did not fit your comfort level . As for the pillows we have two on each queen bed and 3 on each king and any guest is always welcome to request an extra pillow . The construction was put on hold at the time due to the amount of guests we had coming in an I did not wish to disturb them so I thought it best at the time to halt it . An as we are a 24 hour desk the doors are never locked thats what a 24 hour desk means and if no one was at the front desk all you had to do was pick up the phone on the wall per the instruction on the sign on the front desk and call someone would have been right there. Room keys stop working its just something that happens Im sorry about that as for breakfast I have worked here for 5 months and am here 24/7 an if it was late im sorry it has only been late 3 times since I started and it was not more the then 10 minutes late. Thank you Manag ement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Espanola, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Place is old. Floors creak and rooms smell. Looks old, but it was clean. No bed bugs. Linens were clean. Everything worked. Had fridge and microwave in my room. Large flat screen tv with 60 channels. Internet worked somewhat.

Someone did plant several pots of new flowers in the parking lot. That was the only "nice touch" on the whole place.

Overall, this hotel is dying but they are still keeping it bearable if you only need bare necessities.

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank lethaloption
Thank you for your review we are working on updating the motel an I do hope you will come stay with us again. As we are making inprovements each day.It will take time to do all we plan. But we are working hard at it. Thank you management

Travelers are raving about these Douglas hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed one night here travelling from Devil's tower to Estes Park. We only stayed a few hours because this was the worst hotel i've ever stayed at - by far. We slept in our clothes for only a few hours and didnt even shower - that's how bad it was. I would have preferred sleeping in the car and probably should have. The clientelle at this hotel were unfavorable and the staff unacceptable. I would imagine this is the main hangout for those involved with drugs. I feared for our safety the few hours we were there. Don't stay here. Sleep in your car if you have to, but don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kim s
I,m very sorry that you feel you had such a bad experience during your stay here. But I can assure you there was never any need to fear for your safety as you put it. Our motel is a very quite and safe place and we have never had any trouble here since I took over management. And as for your mention of our clientelle that was here during your stay as being unfaverable well I find that very wrong that you would judge people you dont even know so what does that say about you . An as for us being the local hang out for those using drug,s around here well thats just a stright out lie on your part . It,s not true and it upsets me that you would say things like that. I would never let anything like that happen here. And as for the staff being unacceptable well in my opinion you have already said so many things that are not true i,m not even going to comment on that . I would ask you to give us another chance but I don,t think that we would be a good fit for your motel needs. Have a nice day Joyce manager
Milan, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I spent 2 weeks staying at this dump because all other rooms were rented in Douglas. Live in Female manager is rude and offensive. Her boyfriend is as rude as she is. I was charged differently for my stay that others were. When I asked for an explanation, I was told that The rates were not debatable and that the owner made the rules, not her. Interior is filthy. Hallways smell of smoke (None smoking facility), bolts used to hold carpet to stairs on main staircase, floors in rooms not vacuumed daily, breakfast area is a JOKE with 2 small tables and food for 3 people. I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. ANYWHERE but here!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dixon, Wyoming, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We rented 2 rooms for a youth event. My sister-in-law and I each got a room and the husbands stayed home. When I pulled up to the hotel there was a half-naked man smoking weed at the front door and it actually got worse from there. The lobby was filthy and the lady who checked me in was rude. When we finally got checked in my sons and I were walking down the hall which again reeked of weed, stale alcohol, and years worth of dirt to get to our room which was if possible worse. The only upside was that we were there for the 4-H State Shoot. Which means that we had hauled in guns first and clothes last. And believe me, we needed the guns. Nothing like 4 kids and 2 women handling guns to make the sleeze factor leave us alone. Spend the extra $ and go somewhere else. We would have been better off sleeping in the pickup.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle D
Silt, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Me and my wife went to Cheyenne Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wy well we went up through Casper to Wright, Wy to drop our daughter off at a friends house so we decided to stay at this Super 8. First of the room rates were obsurd for this place, well went in and they put us next to a maids room and where they do laundry for motel bedding and etc.... Then walking around on carpet in socks my wife noticed how black my socks were, in the bathroom where she also found the bar soap and a washcloth that was used by previous visit we were guessing! The sheets and bedding were old and musty smelling and the free breakfast that they supposedly had was nothing more then a few stale looking doughnuts and cerel some coffee, milk and Juices! And the room was also supposed to be non smoking but the burn marks on the sink and tub told otherwise along with the stale oder of cigarettes, I could understand if we paid $30 for the room but we didn't it was $60 more then that! So needless to say we requested a refund and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank SeanandLarue
Kimberling City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

This property is very run down, very unclean, very poorly managed, and a very poor value. Simply drive on down the road to Casper where there are many more options.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple