“Great food and nice atmosphere”

The Depot Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place was recommended by the Hotel we were staying at and we were not disappointed. Great salid bar and the soup was delicious. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was unique. This is an old train station. We enjoyed the food and we would recommend it to others.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have taken clients to this restaurant twice and the food was very good however the service was not. It is always busy and the servers don't even smile. The inside was very nice but they need more room. I have tried the burger was cheese and bacon and it is excellent. If I was from out of town visiting I would try La Costa Mexican Restaurant located at the edge of town. I probably will not take anyone else here.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you like lunch at 12 and dinner at 6, you won't care for The Depot. We had 3 delicious dinners there, but we went early (5pm) to avoid the crowd. The locals must have caught on because there were a few large parties already there. They also got great service and terrific food. We were out of there by 6:15 and there were no tables available and a a line by then. I had a grilled shrimp salad x2, and cajun tilapia x1. The shrimp were better that anything I've had at home in NEW ENGLAND in a long time.!!! Great beer, great food, great people, but go early....(or late)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family ate here one night after it was recommended by the people who worked at the hotel where we were staying. It was really good. My kids had spaghetti and Cajun chicken (two different meals). My husband and I had soup and salad, which was good for late night. I did wish that I had got a burger after seeing them come out of the kitchen. We will eat here again when in Douglas.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was traveling through Douglas with my family and searched for restaurants to try while in town. Seeing the great reviews across the board, we were eager to try The Depot. Sadly, the food took almost an hour and when it finally arrived, my husband's Train Wreck burger was so charred it fell to bits before he even bit into it. The famous Sweet Potato fries with the "maple glaze" are merely frozen fries with maple syrup dumped on them. Our waitress only offered my husband a refill on his drink (my 12 and 3 year olds didn't appreciate that) but by the time she came back with his beverage, the rest of us had finished our meals and just wanted to leave since we had another 4 hours left to travel. Not outstanding food given the price and wait times.