“Didn't get a picture because I didn't put my fork down.”

The Depot Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Douglas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were over thirty minutes late to a business dinner where they were serving everyone their main course. The wait staff got our order and turn around twice the food was in front of us. I am from Houston, TX area and used to restaurants that really want to gain your business as there is so much competition. I've already complimented the wait staff, now, let me get to the food. Again, I am from Bay Area and very used to fresh, fresh sea food. So, for the first time ever, I ate grilled trout and it was cooked to perfection. I'm sorry, didn't take a picture but I was too busy eating the delicious meal placed before me. My husband had steak cooked medium rare and he commented that it was cooked to perfection. I can not wait to go back and try the salad bar.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

A nice restaurant in a converted train depot. The people were friendly and the food was very good. We has one of their specialities, the lasagna. It was well prepared and nice and warm. We would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Depot was very begrudgingly "recommended" by someone in town when asked where a good lunch might be found (since the best place in town was closed that day). The recommendation went something like "It's not to bad" - which really didn't inspire confidence!! Based on that - we were very surprised, the place was quite good. We were just looking for burgers, your typical American lunch and got excellent, hand formed burgers which had great flavor and were a nice size. The restaurant is in the retired railroad depot, which (disappointingly) has been renovated to the point of no longer being recognizable as such. However, it was very clean and the service was exceptional small town America friendly!! Passing through Douglas, Wyoming - this is a great place to get away from the fast food chains. Ohhh - by the way - we came back again three days later - and it was totally consistent with our first experience!

1  Thank peachtree287
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Made to order food with friendly and helpful wait staff. Restaurant was clean and had good natural light with large windows. They have two outdoor patios in order to serve more people during good weather and busy times. The food portions were generous and very tasty! Great menu chooses and variety. I am gluten free and found several things to choose from. They were knowledgable about their ingredients and that means a lot to a person with food allergies. The restaurant sits along the railroad tracks.....this the name. The back patio has a high wall to protect the patrons from the sounds and wind of the occasional passing train. Very authentic feel! I enjoyed a well priced and tasty ribeye and my hubby loved the grilled chicken burger with maple glazed sweet potato fries.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Love the salad bar lots of choices, but service is lacking... Would like it if waitress would be helpful instead of of just plopping down food and never coming back to check up on us. This wasn't the first time with this one waitress....