“Prime Rib on Fridays is a treat!”
Review of Chutes eatery - CLOSED

Chutes eatery
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Friday night is for prime rib at Chutes -- and it's good! The salad was crisp and tasty. Unusual nachos on the menu were to have barbequed beef and creme fraiche -- but came with no creme fraiche & just browned ground beef topped with some bottled barbeque sauce. This was a big, messy disappointment. The service was abysmal -- although the waitress offered all kinds of service when we arrived, she seemed unfamiliar with the menu items, and was absent for most of our visit.

There are newer reviews for Chutes eatery

Reviewed June 11, 2013

the new chef is doing a wonderful job.....Fois gras in Douglas? Absoloutely awesome! Bananas foster? Delicious!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stopped at this place by myself some time ago, hearing that they had a new chef on the radio. I ordered oysters if I remember right, they were quite good for Wyoming. Wyoming has horrible sea food for the most part. The salad bar was also fresh, with a great clam chowder. It was running low on everything, however, and there were no bowls for the soup. There were only a few people eating, and this is a big restaurant so that was odd, and kind of awkward. Service was below average. I eat out on my own a lot, and I detest when waitresses aren't as friendly to solos as they are to a group. That's how my waitress was. Overall, the Chef seems to know what he is doing, but the service is questionable.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first experience with Chutes I ordered a burger and it was good but it came with grilled asparagus and my wife's order came with onion rings. The grilled asparagus was the best thing I had ever tasted and the onion rings were the best I had ever tasted. All I had ever ate since then was 2 or 3 orders of side dishes but it was like pulling teeth to get the kitchen to just cook side dishes. they should just put them on the menu as appetizers

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've lived in Douglas for 7 years now, and have only been to Chutes 4 times. It has been an awful experience nearly every time. Crappy food and even more crappy service. This last time was actually this last Christmas Eve, because I had heard they had a new chef. I have to say the food was excellent. Not the normal stuff you would find in a small town in Douglas Wyoming. My son got a bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast that was juicy and flavorful. My mother ordered the french dip sandwich, something I would have never ordered in a steakhouse, but it was definitely the best french dip I've ever tried. Portion size was generous. The reason I only give it 3/5 is the service. It was horrible. There was one waitress and one hostess. I saw the hostess more than I ever saw the waitress. She came by twice the entire time. Once to order, and the second time to deliver. I could hear her back in the kitchen laughing and joking around the entire time as our drinks sat empty. Needless to say, I will not be back again for another long while. Hopefully by then they will have upgraded the servers. I would definitely order "to-go" though! Also, the atmosphere was not the best. The restaurant is right next to the bar area with open doorways. There happened to be a large group of traveling workers drinking and playing music on the jukebox which can get pretty loud in the restaurant area.