“The best side dishes I have ever had”
Review of Chutes eatery - CLOSED

Chutes eatery
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first experience with Chutes I ordered a burger and it was good but it came with grilled asparagus and my wife's order came with onion rings. The grilled asparagus was the best thing I had ever tasted and the onion rings were the best I had ever tasted. All I had ever ate since then was 2 or 3 orders of side dishes but it was like pulling teeth to get the kitchen to just cook side dishes. they should just put them on the menu as appetizers

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've lived in Douglas for 7 years now, and have only been to Chutes 4 times. It has been an awful experience nearly every time. Crappy food and even more crappy service. This last time was actually this last Christmas Eve, because I had heard they had a new chef. I have to say the food was excellent. Not the normal stuff you would find in a small town in Douglas Wyoming. My son got a bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast that was juicy and flavorful. My mother ordered the french dip sandwich, something I would have never ordered in a steakhouse, but it was definitely the best french dip I've ever tried. Portion size was generous. The reason I only give it 3/5 is the service. It was horrible. There was one waitress and one hostess. I saw the hostess more than I ever saw the waitress. She came by twice the entire time. Once to order, and the second time to deliver. I could hear her back in the kitchen laughing and joking around the entire time as our drinks sat empty. Needless to say, I will not be back again for another long while. Hopefully by then they will have upgraded the servers. I would definitely order "to-go" though! Also, the atmosphere was not the best. The restaurant is right next to the bar area with open doorways. There happened to be a large group of traveling workers drinking and playing music on the jukebox which can get pretty loud in the restaurant area.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

beer is warm but cheap. Food is average at best. Hotel sucks. The service here is pry the worst ive ever seen

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Chutes is part of the Clarion Hotel, took dinner and breakfast here. Dinner: good quality steaks were both cooked perfectly to order, but served almost cold and accompanied by almost cold, rather poor vegetables. Fairly smart service, but server when asked for Merlot, brought White Zinfandel! Breakfast: very poor buffet, with poor choice and some poor qulality foods. Items run out not replaced promptly by overworked server, buffet "hot" food was not hot. Dinner menu cards in hotel room were out of date in content and pricing.

1  Thank usaphile
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not bad, not great. Good service and the food was better then I expected. Everything was a little too salty. This is Douglas, Wyoming so my expectations were lower.