“Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed”

Hungry Bear Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 93 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A change of ownership has made this place go to the dumper. Meatballs were rubbery, spaghetti is mush. Booths are very tight and uncomfortable. Service is okay. It is not worth it.

1  Thank wyomugs

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have to say I have ate there many times since it opened and I have seen the ups and down of the restraunt and I really believe its here to stay :)

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Went back after a long absence because the ownership changed hands. The food is still below average and prices a bit high.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

How they stay in business is a surprise to me; their food is bland and dull; my husband & I ordered spaghetti with meatballs, and onion rings as an appetizer, which ended up coming out at the same time as the entrees. The sauce and meatballs were completely unexceptional; for this place to claim to be serving "Italian" dishes is misleading to those of us who know good Italian food when we taste it. I doubt their kitchen has any Italian herbs and spices; if they do, they didn't use any while we ate there. The onion rings were not freshly made there; they were obviously a frozen food-service item. The garlic bread, too, was completely common---& we got one small slice each. The atmosphere is otherwise good; the booths have a quaint design element to them.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We arrived in Cody and asked where we should eat dinner. We decided that after hearing how good the Hungry Bear pasta was, we would give it a try. However, after just now reading some other reviews, maybe we should have opted for the pizza.
The restaurant was clean and the waitress was very kind.
We all had either pasta, or a hot sandwich. I'm sorry, but we found this to not be what we expected. The salads were only shredded lettuce with a couple of slices of tomatoes and some purple onion. The manicotti tasted like frozen, definitely not homemade as we expected it to be. The hot sandwich was only toasted and not very good. The spaghetti tasted like canned sauce and the sausage was not very good.
We did not enjoy our meal, but what should we expect of a pasta restaurant in Wyoming!

Been to Hungry Bear Restaurant? Share your experiences!