“Delightfully Quaint”

Carter Mountain Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cody
Carter Mountain Motel
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Kansas City, Missouri
“Delightfully Quaint”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed 2 days earlier this month. The type of room we had reserved was unavailable due to another party staying over, so we were upgraded to a kitchenette. Room had 2 queens, one in second bedroom with own tv. Kitchen area had full size fridge, stove and little microwave. Turned out quite useful. Bathroom is small, as all were when this motel was built, but had recently been updated.
This was one of the best deals money wise you could've wanted for the area, especially, since they are "pet friendly" There is a park about block away and a grassy area across the parking lot you can take your pets.
Also, non-smoking anywhere in bldg, which for non smokers is wonderful. No stale aftersmell left over.

Approximately one blk away is a large grocery, Tully's coffee, plus a great soup, sub and coffee shop. This motel is also, located 1 blk from one of the best public libraries I've ever entered.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kingston, ny
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I happened to have been referred there when I couldnt afford the sky high prices of cody village hotels. I was afraid of what I would find since they were "cheaper", but as soon as I arrived there I could feel the friendly warmth of the owners.. and this was at 11:30pm when I showed up there. The prices were the best in town. the rooms warm and cozy [and I dont mean small] and the couple that owned /ran it were like family by the time I was there a day. I will go back there if I get another vacation. Being in Cody, wy and meeting the Carter's have made me want to retire there if I can.

Room Tip: all seemed equaly good.. warm and cozy with great comforters instead of bedspreads
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jane12401
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel is quaint. The rooms are clean. The rates are very reasonable. It has free wifi as well! You can easily walk to the main part of town from here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura R
Camp Crook, SD
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This family friendly motel openly welcomes pets and pet owners. In a town known for "no pets allowed" this is now our first and only choice of lodging. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GenCrook
South Durham USA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here before heading into Yellowstone NP. Very good value and wonderful staff! Would recommend this to anyone traveling in the Cody area!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank NCTravelingFamily
Preston, Idaho
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were spending a week in the Black Hills for our anniversary, and decided instead of driving straight through on our way home, we should try to get a room in Cody. I checked all around the internet for an affordable room, with only 2 weeks notice. I emailed my reservation, and then called the owner to confirm the room, all sight unseen. When we arrived, we were so pleasantly surprised. The owners were so friendly, and helpful. The room felt like a very comfortable bedroom, instead of a motel room. The price is right, and the occommodations were excellent. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: try not to get a bottom floor room near the wooden stairs.. it can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GG411
London, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We only stayed for 1 night on our way from Yellowstone to Deadwood but would have liked to stay much longer. Location was great, our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, great shower, and nicely decorated. Very quite and great for sleeping. The owner was very friendly and helpful, always available to answer any questions. If we are ever back in Cody we would love to stay at The Carter Mountain Motel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple