“Very Noisy”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Olympia, Washington
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This hotel was very clean and appeared to be new. We had a room on the first floor with a window to the parking lot and a few doors down from the side door to the pool. That outside door slammed each time someone let it close behind them, which make our room door rattle. Because of the pounding and rattling of the doors, it was difficult to get to sleep and we all woke up really early. I would not stay in this hotel again (the banging was so loud I assume the rooms above us were affected by it and I assume there are other outside doors in the hotel that do that same thing). If they would fix the door, this would be a wonderful hotel.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank MSNDIS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This hotel was new and clean. Rooms were nicely furnished and the large outdoor pool was a hit with the kids. Excercise room was nicely equipped with free weights, treadmill, and excercise bike.

This was definitely one of the nicer places to stay in Cody.

• Liked — New and clean
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank therileyfam
Madera
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I always check TripAdvisor before making a reservation and choose the Cody Legacy Inn based on previous reviews. We were very pleased. The inn's exterior, lobby and rooms have a old west theme with furniture made of logs and pictures of Buffalo Bill Cody and other historical people. Very well done and charming. Our suite was very nice and VERY clean. The jetted tub felt wonderful after a six hour drive from Rapid City SD. The staff at the Legacy Inn was the best we encountered on our vacation. When I asked about the Buffalo Bill Historical center the front desk clerk promptly called to check their hours and also gave me discount tickets for the museum. Whenever I asked about local sites or for directions the staff was always willing to help. We never received a "I don't know" answer........which we all know is becoming more and more frequent! The continental breakfast was standard fare, but adequate to start a day of siteseeing. Our only disappointment in Cody was "Grannys" restaurant which was recommended by a previous Trip/Advisor reviewer. Maybe we caught them on an "off day", but the food was not good and the restaurant was not very clean.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CTS
oregon/wyo
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We really do enjoy this hotel. We are from out of state and have stayed here in the past and will continue in our future travels to Cody. The hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed at. The staff is very kind and remembered us from our stay a year earlier and offered us a great rate. The breakfast is simple and the coffee and tea selection is great. The rustic/western theme is totally Wyoming . Don't get the impression that rustic is old. It is clean and new. Everytime we have been there we have seen the hotel owners on site. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants clean rooms, good location and great staff.

Thanks Cody Legacy Inn for making another trip to Cody wonderful!!!!

• Liked — The cleanliness, and quiet atmosphere.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Kingsport
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We made the reservation for this hotel room over the phone because we wanted to make sure we reserved a jacuzzi suite. We were going to be hiking many long days in Yellowstone and this was a priority for us. I made this known to the person taking the reservation and she advised me all her king jacuzzi suites were gone, but she could reserve a queen jacuzzi suite for me. I questioned her about that because the website only stated the hotel had king jacuzzi suites. I was advised, "Oh yes, the queen suites have jacuzzis as well." When I checked in I was admonished very rudely by a freckle faced young lady who I'd seen moments before squatting in front of the main entrance with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth that it was my responsiblity to ask questions before making a reservation and if I had bothered to read the website, I would have known the hotel did not have queen jacuzzi suites. The other problem was the noise level all night long. We recommend requesting a room away from the stairs. The room itself was nice, although NOT a suite as adverstised. The main problem with this hotel is the female staff. Both the young and older woman at the desk were very rude. When their male counterpart came on duty in the afternoon, the entire atmosphere of the hotel changed. I personally witnessed him going above and beyond to assist some other guests. I can't even imagine the females doing that. They seemed bothered to even perform their regular duties. The management of this hotel needs to do some personnel housekeeping!

• Liked — It was clean.
  • Disliked — The front desk staff and being lied to when making reservation.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roselady53
codylegacy, Owner at Cody Legacy Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2009
We truly aim to give all of our customers a Warm, Western Welcome! We are sad to hear when an employee does not live up to those standards and appreciate knowing when we need to "clean house". Rest assured, we did!!
For folks planning a trip to Cody in the near future ~ we have a excellent, warm and friendly staff who are excited to welcome you to Cody!
tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed at Cody Cowboy Village for two nights and loved it. (see other review.) But when I wanted to extend the stay, I couldn't, so I moved over to Cody Legacy Inn. They were the same price.

I stayed in the new building (didn't see any rooms in the economy section so I can't comment on those.) The building has a very new, fresh feeling to it (it was built in 2006.) The rooms are appropriate for Wyoming--rustic furniture, very clean bathrooms, and fairly spacious. Mine had 2 queens, a table w/2 chairs, and a mini frig. Warning--they don't have wireless in the rooms (only in the lobby) so bring a Cat 5 cable or borrow one of theirs.

The breakfast was actually better than CCV (my only quibble with CCV) and fairly standard for the free continental breakfasts--a couple of cereal choices, mini muffins, bagels, english muffins, etc. Coffee (reg and decaf) is available all day.

I stayed on the 2nd floor fairly near the icemaker. The halls got noisy, but the window AC is pretty loud (which I liked) so it blocked out most of the noise.

I would definitely stay here again if i couldn't get a room at CCV.

As to restaurants--I ate twice at Proudcut. Once was a burger which was very good--the other time i ordered a filet which was overcooked but tasty. (They were very apologetic about overcooking and gave me a free dessert- when I didn't want to wait for another steak-I was satisfied with their response.) I also ate at La Comida which was probably the worst sit down mexican I've ever eaten. Their chicken quesadilla tasted like it had been marinated in a Hawaiian marinade--kind of a teriyaki/pineapple flavor. Tortilla chips were flat and salsa was very basic. I also ate at Granny's--great bean soup, ham and cheese melt just so so.

Cody is in a beautiful area and definitely worth some extra time. The Buffalo Bill Museum(s) is great --plan to spend at least 3 hours there. The drive up to Yellowstone is spectacular--saw a grizzly while fly fishing up there so be aware.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
13 Thank mkctn
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed in the new section of the Cody Legacy Inn which was very nice. We had a room on the second floor (which I requested at reservation), however, the staff quickly accommodated us with a request for first floor, since a family member injured their leg just prior to our vacation. There is no elevator. The night staff saw us arriving after our days activities and inquired about the injury and gave us lots of hot tips on the best places to see animals in Yellowstone as well as what areas were under construction and the times of day to avoid them.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was large. The outside pool was VERY cold and we where there on a 90 degree day. Our kids moved to the hot tub after 10 minutes. We also used the exercise facility which was small but sufficient.

Go see the rodeo!

• Liked — Room size and comfort
  • Disliked — Cold cold pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family