$158
$144
HolidayInn.com
The Cody Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$219
$197
Official Website
$149
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$139
$194
$150
Yellowstone Valley Inn(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
$174
A Western Rose Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
Official Site
Best Western Sunset Inn(Cody)
$160
Hotels.com
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites(Cody)(Great Value!)
$269
$231
Cancelon
All reviewsno elevatorlog bedsfamily suitefirst floorhot tub and saunacontinental breakfastwestern themeacross streetstay there againking bedfitness centerdesk staffnon smokingstayed here for one nightthe main draglaundry facilitieslarge room
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We really do enjoy this hotel. We are from out of state and have stayed here in the past and will continue in our future travels to Cody. The hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed at. The staff is very kind and remembered us from our stay a year earlier and offered us a great rate. The breakfast is simple and the coffee and tea selection is great. The rustic/western theme is totally Wyoming . Don't get the impression that rustic is old. It is clean and new. Everytime we have been there we have seen the hotel owners on site. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants clean rooms, good location and great staff.

Thanks Cody Legacy Inn for making another trip to Cody wonderful!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We made the reservation for this hotel room over the phone because we wanted to make sure we reserved a jacuzzi suite. We were going to be hiking many long days in Yellowstone and this was a priority for us. I made this known to the person taking the reservation and she advised me all her king jacuzzi suites were gone, but she could reserve a queen jacuzzi suite for me. I questioned her about that because the website only stated the hotel had king jacuzzi suites. I was advised, "Oh yes, the queen suites have jacuzzis as well." When I checked in I was admonished very rudely by a freckle faced young lady who I'd seen moments before squatting in front of the main entrance with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth that it was my responsiblity to ask questions before making a reservation and if I had bothered to read the website, I would have known the hotel did not have queen jacuzzi suites. The other problem was the noise level all night long. We recommend requesting a room away from the stairs. The room itself was nice, although NOT a suite as adverstised. The main problem with this hotel is the female staff. Both the young and older woman at the desk were very rude. When their male counterpart came on duty in the afternoon, the entire atmosphere of the hotel changed. I personally witnessed him going above and beyond to assist some other guests. I can't even imagine the females doing that. They seemed bothered to even perform their regular duties. The management of this hotel needs to do some personnel housekeeping!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roselady53
codylegacy, Owner at Cody Legacy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2009

We truly aim to give all of our customers a Warm, Western Welcome! We are sad to hear when an employee does not live up to those standards and appreciate knowing when we need to "clean house". Rest assured, we did!!
For folks planning a trip to Cody in the near future ~ we have a excellent, warm and friendly staff who are excited to welcome you to Cody!

Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed at Cody Cowboy Village for two nights and loved it. (see other review.) But when I wanted to extend the stay, I couldn't, so I moved over to Cody Legacy Inn. They were the same price.

I stayed in the new building (didn't see any rooms in the economy section so I can't comment on those.) The building has a very new, fresh feeling to it (it was built in 2006.) The rooms are appropriate for Wyoming--rustic furniture, very clean bathrooms, and fairly spacious. Mine had 2 queens, a table w/2 chairs, and a mini frig. Warning--they don't have wireless in the rooms (only in the lobby) so bring a Cat 5 cable or borrow one of theirs.

The breakfast was actually better than CCV (my only quibble with CCV) and fairly standard for the free continental breakfasts--a couple of cereal choices, mini muffins, bagels, english muffins, etc. Coffee (reg and decaf) is available all day.

I stayed on the 2nd floor fairly near the icemaker. The halls got noisy, but the window AC is pretty loud (which I liked) so it blocked out most of the noise.

I would definitely stay here again if i couldn't get a room at CCV.

As to restaurants--I ate twice at Proudcut. Once was a burger which was very good--the other time i ordered a filet which was overcooked but tasty. (They were very apologetic about overcooking and gave me a free dessert- when I didn't want to wait for another steak-I was satisfied with their response.) I also ate at La Comida which was probably the worst sit down mexican I've ever eaten. Their chicken quesadilla tasted like it had been marinated in a Hawaiian marinade--kind of a teriyaki/pineapple flavor. Tortilla chips were flat and salsa was very basic. I also ate at Granny's--great bean soup, ham and cheese melt just so so.

Cody is in a beautiful area and definitely worth some extra time. The Buffalo Bill Museum(s) is great --plan to spend at least 3 hours there. The drive up to Yellowstone is spectacular--saw a grizzly while fly fishing up there so be aware.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
13  Thank mkctn
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed in the new section of the Cody Legacy Inn which was very nice. We had a room on the second floor (which I requested at reservation), however, the staff quickly accommodated us with a request for first floor, since a family member injured their leg just prior to our vacation. There is no elevator. The night staff saw us arriving after our days activities and inquired about the injury and gave us lots of hot tips on the best places to see animals in Yellowstone as well as what areas were under construction and the times of day to avoid them.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was large. The outside pool was VERY cold and we where there on a 90 degree day. Our kids moved to the hot tub after 10 minutes. We also used the exercise facility which was small but sufficient.

Go see the rodeo!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank MadtownTravels
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Cody Legacy Inn proved to be a very warm, welcoming and clean lodge-style stopover. Parking is provided directly outside the main building.

When we arrived fairly late in the afternoon the room was still being cleaned, but the welcome was genuine and the lobby area was very cosy.

The room we were given, whilst in the new wing, had a rustic feel- furniture made out of sawn-off logs, and country bedding to match, but somehow it all worked. There is little privacy during daytime however- blinds would have been nice to let light in whilst shielding the room from people parking up. Bathroom facilities and decor were basic but clean.

Breakfast, which was included, was not that great- the coffee in particular wasn't nice, the choice of food wasn't good and the use of the lobby as a breakfast space is too limited. However, there are alternative choices for breakfast nearby and even the coffee at McDonalds opposite is better if necessary.

Although we only spent one night there, the experience was fine and we would be happy to return there.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family