Cody Legacy Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorlog bedsfirst floorhot tub and saunacontinental breakfastwestern themehuge roomacross streetstay there againlaundry facilitiesfitness centerrefrigerator and microwaverooms are spaciousnon smokingvery nice place to stayrapid citystayed one night
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Modern hotel with a rustic feel. Good size rooms, clean, comfortable beds and quite. We flew into Cody Regional airport picked up a car and drove there, only about a 5 minute drive from the Airport, it is really easy to find and is located in town. Two storey hotel, so if you have a lot of luggage book the ground floor. Excellent complementary breakfast down stairs in the Foyer, there are plenty of chairs and tables. The hotel staff are excellent, my wife was ill and needed to see a doctor. I phoned the ladies at the front desk, five minutes later I had all the details to contact the doctor. Great service ladies!

We returned to the hotel one week later and spent another night prior to flying out. Cody, what a great Town and what an excellent Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage book a down stairs room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at many of the Hotels in Cody, and I have to say the Legacy Inn has the best value for the money in Cody. Three stays there now, and I always get greeted with a genuine warm smile when checking in. The staff treats you like a guest, and not a room number. Rooms are spacious and clean, and beds are always comfortable. I prefer the 2nd floor as the rooms seem warmer. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stay in Cody twice a year on business and I look for a different place to stay each time. Cody does not have a great selection of high end accommodations, and there is quite a bit in the middle of the price range. This place is solidly average, as the rooms have not been updated in a long time. The breakfast was barely average. But for the price and community, this is a solid hotel. What may be lacking in upgrades, they make up for it in teriffic service. I arrived in town, and I found myself in a bit of a bind, desperate to ship equipment on a Saturday and all of the shipping stores were closed by early afternoon. The staff dedicated over an hour of there time assisting me, taking the initiative and conacting there friends in town who were able to help. I was stunned at how selfless they were with there time. I was so please I bought them gift certificates to the local steak house that they recommended.

I am a hard grader, and my three stars would be a five star for the price range. I say that you should check them out!

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Tom K
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a large, clean, simple room with Western decor & a vaulted ceiling. The king bed was comfortable when we were still, but I felt my husband's movements with some noise from the frame. A great bed is a criteria very important to me, and this one wasn't great, but not the worst. Air conditioning was good. The vanity was separated from bath area, but it was low and fairly small. There was a basic continental breakfast. The desk personnel were friendly- the woman who checked us in offered to carry our luggage up the stairs! She also made good restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in the "Indian Wars" suite with my son, his friend, and our daughter. This room is not in the main hotel. It is across the parking lot in a series of cabin/mobile home type rooms. The winter rate on this room was $99, and that is about how much I would want to pay for it. The bedroom with the two queen beds in it was very large and spacious, which was nice, and it had a sliding door with a small deck which had a table and two chairs on it. The bathroom was overly large actually. It had a jacuzzi tub and a stall shower, which I appreciated (I hate trying to take showers in a jacuzzi tub and having to climb in over the high sides!) and also a large mirror/sink/counter top area. There was a huge amount of empty floor space in the bathroom. They would have been better to use some of that space--and the space in the bedroom--- in the main living area of the suite, which is quite tiny. It has a small table with two chairs, a sofa bed, a coffee table, microwave/fridge/sink corner, and a bureau with a TV in it. We wanted to eat dinner and play board games in there, and it was very cramped. We had to drag the coffee table over to the dinner table and two people had to sit on that with pillows to make it work. Also, after we opened the sofa bed, it was a pain the the butt to squeeze by the bureau to get to the bathroom. This is advertised as a family suite, but to spend any real family time in it was difficult unless you sat on the beds in the bedroom. Also, just some FYI things: the pool is outdoors and closed during winter. There are no elevators in the main hotel. The breakfast is minimal (bagels, toast, english muffins and fruit). If you stay in one of the suites like we did, you will have to walk across the parking lot to get breakfast, or go outside to get ice/vending machine access. Not a big deal in the summer, but could be a deal breaker in the winter. All in all, the staff was very nice, the location was really easy to find, and though next to a busy road was pretty quiet. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. I would stay again in the winter, but not sure I would want to pay the summer rates, which tend to be about 50% more than the winter ones.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if you want to avoid going outside to get ice, use the vending machines, or get breakfast. No elevators. Suites are not in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family