“to quote yogi berra,"it's deja vu' all over again!"”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

and 1 more site!
Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Kentucky
“to quote yogi berra,"it's deja vu' all over again!"”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We just returned from our 7th "annual trip" to Cody, and our 2nd stay at The Chamberlin Inn. We cannot say enough about the consistency and excellence of the service and facilities. You know, sometimes you're a little hesitant to return to a place for a second time, concerned that you will be disappointed if the experience isn't QUITE what you remembered from the first trip. But that wasn't the case - from the moment that we walked through the door, to be greeted by our names, to finding a floor fan already set up in our room (they remembered from last year that "hot flashes" are now a part of my vocabulary!), owners Ev and Susan Diehl, along with Lisa at the front desk, made us feel like old friends returning for a visit. There is not a better place to stay in Cody. You are within walking distance of restaurants and shops and the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. But being 1 block off the main street also gives you a quiet, peaceful atmosphere. We spent several pleasant evenings sitting out in the garden, enjoying the night air and the lovely surroundings. Obviously, we have stayed at other hotels in Cody in the past, but trust me, we will not stay anywhere else in the future!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Baltimore
Reviewed July 5, 2009

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Traveled with my parents and wife. Best hotel on entire 10 day trip, and we stayed in several nice ones. Extremely tastefully decorated, with fresh flowers in room, and many nice touches, like chocolates as a welcome gift. Beautiful building, with sun room available to guests, and beautiful courtyard for outside breakfasts (continental). This hotel is as nice as any east coast boutique hotel, and far nicer than most. Location is also a plus, as it is one block from the Irma and all the local Cody bars, stores, and restaurants. For those people that like historical hotels, this is one (Hemingway stayed here), but it doesn't have the typical limitations of a smaller uncomfortable room. If you are staying in Cody anywhere else, you made a mistake. (NOTE: if you need an elevator, this hotel will not work - stairs only!).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husband and I made an overnight trip to Cody and stayed in this fabulous inn! The inn has an interesting history as a guest house and is perfectually located close to the main street and restaurants, but removed a bit from the mix. We had a queen room on the second floor that was very charming and unbelievable clean. Perhaps the cleanest hotel room ever! The front desk reception was warm and willing to help us with dinner reservations. We don't typically care for the interaction at a B&B, but this place has just the right amount of presence without being overwhelming. There is a quiet courtyard in the back garden. Accommodations in Cody are largely budget chains and to avoid them, another option had been the Irma. I knew right away we had made the right choice for us. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
wyoming
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This beautiful hotel is in the heart of downtown Cody within walking distance of all of the wonderful shops and boutiques. The staff was incredibly friendly and the rooms were marvelously appointed. The courtyard was extraordinarily peaceful and provided the perfect setting to relax and enjoy a good book. The Chamberlinn is better than a home away from home and we look forward to returning again this fall.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
wyoing
Reviewed June 30, 2009

My Family can not wait until we can experience downtown Cody Wy. again and stay at the Historic and Beautiful Chamberlian Inn. The hospitality was amazing and the professionalism was above our expectation. I highly recommend it if you are anywhere near Yellowstone National Park or Cody Wyoming, this is one place you must take in and you will not be dissappointed( Chamberlian Inn*****).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I had read Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and was looking forward to my stay at the Chamberlin Inn. However I was extremely disappointed with it. To get to my room I had to lug my heavy suitcases up a steep flight of stairs (no lift) - first problem. The rooms are either king or queen rooms - nothing else is available at the hotel. The room was small without any space to put luggage etc. The bathroom was TINY and one couldn't take anything into it becase of the lack of space. The door of my hotel room had a glass panel above it and during the night a bright light shone into the room from the corridor outside - all night. It meant that during the night the room was so bright that one could see to walk around in the room with no trouble at all. I had trouble sleeping because there was so much light in the room. The curtains in the room were placed immediately over the air conditioner, which meant that if one had the curtains closed and the airconditioner on, the air conditioning fan just blew the cool air into the curtains. The window in the room faced onto the back doors of shops in the main street of Cody - not a good view. For the price of the room I would have expected some sort of breakfast. There was coffee and banana cake for breakfast - not my idea of a good start to the day (I don't drink coffee). There was no parking at this hotel - the hotel said just park in the street, which we did because there was no other option. Value for money the hotel was poor. I don't mind paying a higher price for a good hotel but this hotel wasn't even a standard hotel for the high cost (nearly $200.00). I didn't like this hotel at all. I would definitely stay somewhere else in Cody next time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fun2travelCanberra
sddiehl, Owner at Chamberlin Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
I have several comments in this review:
1) Queens and kings are not all we offer. Each unit is unique, with suites, apartments, a cottage, loft, the Courthouse, and studios.
2) We have one easy flight of stairs and staff is always present to assist with luggage.
3) The hotel offers it's own parking in the rear as well as two city lots within 100 feet.
4) Instead of closing the curtains over the A/C, you simply need to pull down the window shade.
5) We pride ourselves in offering immaculate rooms.
6) Our location is in the heart of Cody's Theatre District - 1/2 block off the main street.
Pawleys Island
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We (my wife, mother and I) just spent two nights in this incredible inn. It is so great when everything is done perfectly. The suite fit our needs just as the staff said it would. The inn is attractive and centrally located. The staff could not be better with suggestions about restaurants and activities. Even the weather cooperated. Great upscale amenities and bedding (silk sheets). Could not get a higher recommendation. The Camberlin is on my list to do again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family