“Lovely”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay. Old but restored, quaint but things worked. We had originally booked a room downstairs but changed to upstairs and found the room did not have a tub. When we asked if there was an upstairs room with a tub free we were upgraded to a suite with a tub. The location is perfect, the garden is ideal for sitting day and night (with a drink from the bar.) All in all, wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a very fine Inn, certainly one of the must enjoyable Inns that we have ever stayed at. The rooms are wonderful and they have small flat screen tvs. closets and very nice bathrooms. The bar and sitting area has has a beautiful solarium and outdoor courtyard attached. We had drinks and some fruit and cheese plates in the late afternoon in the solarium and it was very enjoyable. Susan, one of the owners was very pleasant and informative. There are many interesting historic facts you can read about in the lobby including the fact that Earnest Hemingway finished "Death in the Afternoon" while staying at the Chamberlin. This was a great stay and very reasonably priced. We highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gopherhiker
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I checked in after a long road trip from North Dakota on the way to Utah. We checked in after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. We took a room on the main level and it was just as charming as we expected. The patron at the Front Desk was very helpful and we felt comfortable and welcome right away. The room was immaculately clean, with high-end European amenities, fresh flowers in the room, and chocolates waiting for us. The bed was super comfortable and we actually had take out because I started to feel under the weather. The room was perfect for us to just hang out and rest before day two of our trip. My husband suggested some fresh air and I was so pleasantly surprised by the beautiful garden/patio area out back. Strung with lights, you can hear live music playing in town, it was a perfect way to unwind. The weather was beautiful and I look forward to returning here in the future! Loved every minute of it!

Room Tip: Be sure to spend some time outside in the gorgeous patio area!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I travel a lot and have visited many hotels across the world, and can honestly say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in.

From the moment we arrived, the perfect balance of impeccable service, wonderful design and decor and an ideal location and facilities, made this the best stopover I have ever made.

The hotel is a delight, original and interesting, located at the heart of Cody, with rooms and suites so well set out and furnished that one really could not improve on it. The history is fascinating too with a Hemingway room and many other historical touches. The bar and garden are wonderful and the food and drink just right.

I am not easily pleased, and this was a truly pleasant stay.

As a bonus, I accidentally left my Kindle there, and with no fuss at all the staff found it, notified me, and arranged for it to be returned.

Andy

Room Tip: The Queen Suite is great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I loved The Chamberlain. I am not going to itemize every good thing because it all was top notch.

We stayed a couple days at this wonderful B & B. Our rooms were small but immaculately clean and well decorated. Bathrooms differ in size and tub/shower but all were in excellent shape.

One of the best parts of The Chamberlin is the ability to sit on the back deck overlooking the beautiful grounds - beautifully tended and planted. Sipping a cocktail in late afternoon in their superb setting was magical.

Every staff member was top notch, friendly and polite. Nothing was too much trouble. The owner walked in late Saturday evening as our group was having a night cap and offered to open the bar if we needed anything.

Two nights was too short. I will return to The Chamberlain anytime I am in WY. I hope it will be soon!

Room Tip: Ask about bed footboard and whether bathrooms have tub only or shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cowgirlinwayland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a delightful find! A charming, old-school hotel in the heart of cowboy country! Great ambiance, nicely decorated, very friendly and helpful staff; the garden area in back is perfect for relaxing with a beverage under the shade trees. Handy to everything without being in the middle of the touristy area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Hemingway room is great - a bit pricey but a nice bit of history, especially for literature buff...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A classy, restored inn, The Chamberlin was a delight to stay in. Rooms are updated but have retained some old time touches. I would recommend a king room. The queens are small but nice. It's just that we like a touch more space and bigger bed. Service was wonderful. Beautiful garden area out back. Have a glass of wine out there! I would go back.

Room Tip: Get a king room. They will keep you away from the A/C unit.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends