“Best Hotel ever”
Review of Chamberlin Inn

Chamberlin Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I travel a lot and have visited many hotels across the world, and can honestly say that this is the best hotel I have stayed in.

From the moment we arrived, the perfect balance of impeccable service, wonderful design and decor and an ideal location and facilities, made this the best stopover I have ever made.

The hotel is a delight, original and interesting, located at the heart of Cody, with rooms and suites so well set out and furnished that one really could not improve on it. The history is fascinating too with a Hemingway room and many other historical touches. The bar and garden are wonderful and the food and drink just right.

I am not easily pleased, and this was a truly pleasant stay.

As a bonus, I accidentally left my Kindle there, and with no fuss at all the staff found it, notified me, and arranged for it to be returned.

Andy

Room Tip: The Queen Suite is great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I loved The Chamberlain. I am not going to itemize every good thing because it all was top notch.

We stayed a couple days at this wonderful B & B. Our rooms were small but immaculately clean and well decorated. Bathrooms differ in size and tub/shower but all were in excellent shape.

One of the best parts of The Chamberlin is the ability to sit on the back deck overlooking the beautiful grounds - beautifully tended and planted. Sipping a cocktail in late afternoon in their superb setting was magical.

Every staff member was top notch, friendly and polite. Nothing was too much trouble. The owner walked in late Saturday evening as our group was having a night cap and offered to open the bar if we needed anything.

Two nights was too short. I will return to The Chamberlain anytime I am in WY. I hope it will be soon!

Room Tip: Ask about bed footboard and whether bathrooms have tub only or shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cowgirlinwayland
Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a delightful find! A charming, old-school hotel in the heart of cowboy country! Great ambiance, nicely decorated, very friendly and helpful staff; the garden area in back is perfect for relaxing with a beverage under the shade trees. Handy to everything without being in the middle of the touristy area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Hemingway room is great - a bit pricey but a nice bit of history, especially for literature buff...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A classy, restored inn, The Chamberlin was a delight to stay in. Rooms are updated but have retained some old time touches. I would recommend a king room. The queens are small but nice. It's just that we like a touch more space and bigger bed. Service was wonderful. Beautiful garden area out back. Have a glass of wine out there! I would go back.

Room Tip: Get a king room. They will keep you away from the A/C unit.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going to Cody annually for over ten years to visit a dear friend of mine. She passed away a year ago and when I went to Cody to handle details I stayed at The Chamberlin. This hotel is charming and exceptional. The service was excellent, it is right off the main street and within walking distance of any of Cody's nicest restaurants. I would highly recommend it. It is more expensive than many of the other accomadations but well worth it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite on the first floor that faced 12th Ave. it was not noisy at all( of course this...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had read some great stuff about the Chamberlin Inn and we're so glad we stayed there. The decor was wonderful and we loved all of the details throughout the hotel. The reception was warm and helpful. We LOVED Cody and didn't want to leave. Bought boots too! The hotel courtyard was really nice to just sit and relax with a cup if coffee. Looking forward to returning!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The quaint inn is located 1/2 block off the Main Street in Cody. The rooms are like being at home, the public rooms are charming and the back area is beautiful. We will definitely stay at this Inn again. It was a delightful stay with hands on owners/operators.
There aren't enough stars to give this beautiful Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013