“Happy Trails”

K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Cody B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2010

John and I stayed on Wed Nov 10. We were in awe of the surrounding scenary and the "right at home" feeling we got there with Jerry. We closed our eyes and pretended it was actually ours. In fact, we are going to try and imitate the Western look at our home, (trust me nothing could come close to what is there).
The room was clean and welcoming. We will again come there in the summer. Jerry made us feel welcome and part of the family. Born and raised in New York, we felt like we are from the Real West now. Cody is beautfiul town .
Once again, thank you Jerry and HAPPY TRAILS. Everyone should come and stay

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We just love our trips to the K3! Immersed in western themed ranch surrounded by mountains we always feel welcome by Jerry and Bette Kinkade! First two times we went with the kids, this time was just the two of us! We enjoyed the ease of travel into Yellowstone, the Chief Joseph Highway, Wild Mustangs, Buffalo Bill Cody Museum and wandering the shops and galleries of Cody. Of course, our days began with hearty meals at the ranch.... I always seem to take a recipe home with me! We can't wait for our next visit!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This was our first time staying at a bed & breakfast / ranch and it was nothing like I expected. First the host Jerry & his wife couldn't possible make anyone feel more comfortable. Jerry has thousands of the funnest stories which he shares with all. The K3 ranch is a true western experience you see deer & antelope out in the field from your bedroom windows. The K3 is a short drive from town but you would have no idea there was a town for a hundred miles since the ranch looks out over fields hills with all sorts of wildlife.
I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

A taste of Wyoming flavors every area of this "ranch". Jerry's ranch is his pride and joy, and it shows in each and every detail. He has personally decorated each nook and cranney with western life and/or artifacts. Jerry's innoventions are everywhere for your wonder and benefit. Each room has a theme and is unique. The wagon beds are something to see. We stayed in the Teton Room, which had a very comfortable queen log bed. The bathroom had a trout fishing theme from the shower tile and sink to the fishing basket decor and wall decorations. We felt very restful here. We enjoyed watching the deer and pronghorn that grazed in the evening as we relaxed on the outdoor patio porch swing.

The ranch is located outside of town and winds around a short distance on a gravel road in authentic Wyoming style. This is not your typical lodging, but an experience in western living.

In the morning Jerry's wife, Betty, joined our group for a delicious breakfast around the log tables infront of the expansive view. We only stayed one night, but we would recommend staying longer if your schedule would allow. there is so much to enjoy here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My parents celebrated 60 years of marriage with a "last trip west" from their home in upstate New York. My sister and I joined them in Montana to relive a little of our many happy days of camping with them when were children. But since they are now in the 80's I wanted to treat them to some nicer accommodations to make their trip special. So I was so happy to find the K3 Ranch.
While we had a little trouble finding the K3 Ranch (which was my fault for not holding on to the printout of the directions from the K3 Ranch website. They provide very accurate instructions so just follow them and you will have no trouble) it was well worth the effort. The location is a real treat since it gives the impression that you are out on the western prairie when in fact you are only a few miles outside of the great town of Cody, WY. The rooms are spectacular, large, comfy, and provide great views of the snow capped mountains in the distance. We watched the antelope play in the fields just outside our door. In the evening we started a fire in the patio tipi fireplace and toasted marshmallows just like we did on the camping trips we took when we were kids. My dad slept in the Chuck Wagon bed and loves to tell everyone about the very special room we staying with a real chuck wagon in it. In the morning we had a very nice hot breakfast of eggs and sausages with fresh fruit. The K3 Ranch provided our family with many happy memories and what more could you ask of any accommodation. I recommend the K3 Ranch most highly.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My wife Lillie and I enjoyed the stay. On our next trip through Wyomia we will stay at the Ranch with our Grandkids.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Traveled with my 69 year old mother who was visiting me in Jackson from Atlanta. We drove from Jackson through S/W/N Yellowstone Park to Cody... we thought we'd either "SUV-camp" or find a cheap place to stay for the night before heading the AMAZING Buffalo Bill Historical Center the next day and before returning to Jackson via the Southeast side of Yellowstone. We were beat from a lot of hiking and driving and just decided to try to find a room in town.. so we went to a few motels, no vacancy!.. Then we came across one, the Moose Lodge I think, that had a room in an "annex" building, basically a former Econolodge.. Not having a good feeling about the place, and while my mother was at the front desk reserving it, I decided just to google "bed & breakfast + Cody, WY" on my Blackberry.. The first thing to pop up was RAVE reviews for K3 Guest Ranch on TripAdvisor! So.. after my mom returned to the car, we went to "see" the room... as I suspected, it was dark and smelly/old and overlooked a drive-through fast food taco place... SO, I went to the K3 website and called the number, Jerry answered thankfully! I asked if they had a room for the night.. He said they had had a cancellation that day.. and it was less than $10 more than where we were.. I told him that if I could get a refund.. that I would call him back within 15 minutes! We got a refund.. I called Jerry.. He happened to be in town with his wife Bette, and his mother, and gave us a personal escort (we followed them) to the Ranch, just a "6 minute" drive from 'downtown.' My mother had no idea where we were going.. I told her just to have a little faith as we turned down the dirt road to the ranch. Turns out it was a highlight of her trip out West! We went back to town for a yummy BBQ dinner before returning to the Ranch where we stayed in the "Teton Room." I woke up early the next morning and went outside to check out the "Meditation Chair" and just soak up the sunrise... then we were treated to a yummy breakfast prepared on the outdoor grill and served outdoors, complete with a great view! Jerry got Buddy, his very talented dog, to show us a few tricks.. and then we got a tour of the Ranch's other rooms (tent & wagons) and 'amenities' - including a Teepee. Jerry even showed me his geothermal heating apparatus that he was building to heat water. He also harvests rain and uses the water for the ranch.. Very progressive stuff for a 'ranch' man, I was thoroughly impressed! We ended up staying and talking longer than planned... but it was worth it! I look forward to bringing my father there sometime, but we'll definitely be staying longer than just one night. I have a feeling he and Jerry are going to be swapping a lot of stories! Two thumbs up for K3 Guest Ranch!

• Stayed: July 2010