“Holiday Highlight”

Ranked #1 of 16 Cody B&B and Inns
Surrey,England
“Holiday Highlight”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Our stay at the K3 Ranch was a holiday highlight for our family travelling to Cody and the Yellowstone area in August from the UK. Our hosts, Betty and Jerry, were very charming and made us feel welcome and our stay very special. Jerry was great fun and we are still smiling over his many stories at breakfast.
The ranch is very beautiful and is designed in a very quirky and unique way that reflects the huge personalities of its owners. It is set in the countryside but has the benefit of being only a few minutes drive from Cody. We would all have liked to have stayed longer and hope one day to return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2009

K3 is a great stop and highly reccomended, weather you are visiting Cody or looking for an comfortable and relaxing hang out. Jerry, Bud and the rest of the family were very hospitible. Also suggested..take time and have breakfast...it was phenominal!! Thank you so much for the first night stay on our honey moon! OH!!! stay in the Sheep Herders Wagon it was sooo comfy and cozy! My husbad is 6'4" and fit comfortabley and the bed was so nice!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
ST. LOUIS, MO
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband & I were greeted at the airport by the most gracious man, Jerry, owner of K3 Ranch who escorted us to the ranch. He showed us the sheepherder's wagon & said that was where we would be staying. We waited for him to laugh, but he never did. He was totally serious. After the initial shock we became sort of excited about the experience. It turned out to be the best stay we had ever had. So quiet, totally secluded, and in the wilderness. At night we could look out at the deer and here the coyotes howling. The outhouse was very nice and just like home...only across the sidewalk from our wagon.

Breakfast on the patio over an open fire was so quaint and there was more than enough to go around. In fact there was always something left for Bud, Jerry's trick dog to do his round of stunts which were quite amazing.

The staff was very accomodating and friendly. I would recomend the K3 Ranch to anyone looking for a vacation spot in Cody, Wyoming.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Thannhausen,Bavaria
Reviewed August 21, 2009

If we visit the Cody area at any time again, we would come back to the K3 Ranch as our first choice...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Yellowstone NP
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My experience at the K3 did not even come close to what I anticipated. I came as a solo traveler and was met with the same disregard to feelings that most greet my in places of western tourism/"western hospitality", meaning that the host Jerry discounted me as a mere New York tourist despite living in greater Yellowstone for numerous years (I had to wait for the host for 1.5 hrs, even though I made a special effort to arrive @3pm). He also went on about irrelevant details of rooms that seemed a tad conceided. Add that to the fact the the Chuckwagon Suite has a paper-thin ceiling, where noices of children can be heard at all hrs into the night and the hosts play country music from speakers in your room @7:30am without being informed first. For this reason, I departed without taking advantage of breakfast. Therefore, I would have a hard time justifying a stay at K3 under any circumstances. Thanks

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
8 Thank Thomasyork
k3guestranchcody, Owner at K3 Guest Ranch Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
I did not know a person could try too hard to be a Westerner. I have lived here in Cody, Wyoming for over 74 years and several years I actually lived on a ranch as a boy and eventually purchased the K3 Ranch in 1980, bred and raised cattle for another 18 years. As I look back to the evening you came to the ranch, at 6:30 in the evening, and asked me to cancel your reservation, for that evening,so you could go and find a cheaper room because you and your girlfriend had a fight and she would not come with you. I told you that we only had 4 rooms, a cancellation at that time would not allow time for me to re-rent the room in such a short time. I also explained that we only had 4 rooms and if you canceled for that night it would be 25% of our business. I am very sorry you had the spat with her and hope things have been smoothed over by now. We would love to have you come back and give us a chance to show you and your friend a great time. I promise I will not overdo the Cowboy bit , I'm getting too old for that!
Ellicott City. MD
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We had four great nights at the K3 Guest Ranch, a few minutes from downtown Cody, Wyoming. Jerry and Bette Kinkade are wonderful hosts, along with Buddy the ranch dog and the famous trick ponies, Stormy and Zip. We were six adults and six children, aged seven to twelve, in our party, and the kids had a particularly good time. Jerry arranged a guided tour in search of wild horses, led the kids on a pony ride at the ranch, took us all on a hay ride (drawn by his 1942 tractor), hosted a fabulous cookout one evening. The accommodations are fun and comfortable and the views from the ranch house are beautiful. There's a handsome meeting room upstairs, suitable for games and reading, and a large and elegant tepee for shelter on the patio outside. Every breakfast was a feast, with plenty of good coffee and much of the meal cooked over an open fire. The staff (breakfast cook, housekeeper and gardener) were all friendly, helpful and full of useful information. The Cody area is amazingly rich in things to do and the perfect jumping-off point for a trip to Yellowstone National Park. The Buffalo Bill museum alone is worth a two-day visit. I highly recommend the K3 as the perfect home base for a visit to Cody and to all of western Wyoming.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Jerry and Bette, along with "the Cook" and Buddy, were absolutely delightful! The evening was gorgeous, we received a wonderful recommendation for dinner in town, the rooms were clean and contained interesting treasures. Breakfast outside was delicious and entertaining with Jerry telling "tall tales" of his life's adventures! My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer - this road trip was really a reconnissance mission - and believe me, we will be returning to Cody, and to K3 - but not soon enough!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple