“My wife enjoyed it”

Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Cody
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived early at 4 and were glad we did because at 5 it was getting pretty full.
The steak was good but watch out for the dessert! We both had the apple cobbler and it was too sweet to have more than two small bites. It was the only dessert that I can remember that I could not eat and did not wish too. One item concerning the dessert that was brought up to the waitress was it contained pecans. I like pecans but nuts on any item needs to be stated on the menu as there are too many who are allergic to them: which could mean a trip to the emergency room.
The waitress was kind when we stated that the dessert was not to our liking and wished to take the item off our ticket - but I pay for the things I order.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We needed a late dinner in Cody and the brewery was closed so we headed here on foot. Was plenty busy for 10 minutes before closing. Asked our waitress for her recommendations and order both the filet and ribs. My filet was cooked to perfection, no gristle, not fat, perfectly seasoned. I didn't taste the ribs but my business associate loved them. Nice wine list by the bottle at fair prices. Great little spot for a delicious steak. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I travel to Cody at least once a month. I have eaten at every restaurant in the town. Tried Rib and Chop a few years back and not so shinny. Decided to give it another try. Night and day! They have a new GM whose name is Wade. What he has done with the food and service quality is truly amazing compared to what once was. One of the best steaks I have EVER had. That's counting Ruth's Chris and Morton's. If you haven't been in a while you need to go! Best steakhouse south of Billings.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We used to frequent this place because of the great food in Cody! However in the past few months I have noticed the quality of food going down, I think they have a new chef. The food used to be pretty amazing for little Cody Wyoming! However now I would just say it's "okay", it's greasy and it lacks the display the old chef used to use to present dishes. Even the salmon has gone down in quality. The place is still very clean and the environment is very pleasing especially the bar side! However, I think we will go here for drinks and maybe an occasional appetizer every now and then. It's too bad because we need a decent place to eat in Cody. Until then, the search remains. Hopefully the new brewery will have amazing food as well as beer!

1  Thank Cody G
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to all of the resturants in COdy in my 7 yrs & there are 2 resturants that are the best, however one of them recently changed their menu & do not have steaks. So, for the best steak at the best price & best quality, go to the Rib & Chop. You will be served very efficiently & all the staff is friendly, so are the managers. It will be a great meal!!!

Been to Wyoming's Rib and Chop House? Share your experiences!