“Update”

Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Cody
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We used to frequent this place because of the great food in Cody! However in the past few months I have noticed the quality of food going down, I think they have a new chef. The food used to be pretty amazing for little Cody Wyoming! However now I would just say it's "okay", it's greasy and it lacks the display the old chef used to use to present dishes. Even the salmon has gone down in quality. The place is still very clean and the environment is very pleasing especially the bar side! However, I think we will go here for drinks and maybe an occasional appetizer every now and then. It's too bad because we need a decent place to eat in Cody. Until then, the search remains. Hopefully the new brewery will have amazing food as well as beer!

1  Thank Cody G

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to all of the resturants in COdy in my 7 yrs & there are 2 resturants that are the best, however one of them recently changed their menu & do not have steaks. So, for the best steak at the best price & best quality, go to the Rib & Chop. You will be served very efficiently & all the staff is friendly, so are the managers. It will be a great meal!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten at the Rib & Chop several times. After a few times that weren't stellar several years ago, we have eaten there 6 or more times since, and it has been excellent. Their fried green tomatoes are amazing---can be eaten as an entree. We prefer the bar side---the restaurant side just doesn't have great atmosphere---plus they often put large parties in there, and it can be rather noisy. But then, so can the bar. The food and service is usually very good. I like to eat the filet here as well---how can you go wrong when they finish it with butter!! A lot of local people eat here, including us. We recommend it!

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We come to Cody every year and eat at the Rib and Chop House. We have never had a bad meal. We usually have a steak or the ribs. They are both excellent. We would recommend on weekends or during the summer days to call for a reservation. The atmosphere is very nice except for the time they put us in the bar area. We didn't care to sit there.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Recommended by several people from the area so I tried it. Had the salmon, it was a bit underdone. The waitress came by to see how I was and immediately saw that the fish wasn't done enough and took it back to the kitchen. A manager brought it back out in a few minutes and took my drink off the bill. It really wasn't a big deal and they fixed it faster than anywhere I've been. Very friendly and fast.