“Good Value”

Wyoming's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Oregon
“Good Value”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I traveled to Cody for business purposes, and wanted to try something that most of the locals recommended for a nice sit down dinner. I went in on a Sunday afternoon. The establishment was very slow, and I was seated quickly. The waitress was very friendly, and was happy to give me the time I needed to peruse the menu and make a decision. I ordered the full rack of ribs, gumbo, and garlic mash. I had heard that the owners were from Louisiana, so was eager to try the gumbo. It was excellent. The ribs had great flavor. I was disappointed with the size of the side dish. It was small, even in comparison to the cup of gumbo. I had been told that if I left hungry, it was my fault. Not so.

My only true criticism of this establishment is that they must not take size in to consideration when they seat you. I am not overly large, but I am 6-4 and 240 lb's. They sat me in a tight corner with my back to a wine rack. In an empty establishment, was this really the only option?

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Hanspeter V

“Disappointing service”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took a vacation to Cody in the coldest December any of the locals remember. Alabama had lost to Auburn with one second left in the game after a well fought game, but my husband and I still love our team. So he wore his Alabama ball cap or beanie wherever we went. Upon entering Wyoming Rib and Chop House, I noticed LSU mints at the register and made a comment like "Really? LSU?" The waiter said, very seriously, "The owner is from Louisiana, and you're talking to a Lake Charles boy. So wear that 'A' on your hat lightly."
We were given our choice of seating by this waiter as they were not busy.
Having said this, our waitress came by and took our drink order... which she messed up. (When asking for Crown and Coke, you are bound to be disappointed by Captain and Coke). Got it right after 2 wrong drinks.
When we first got there we were not ready to eat, but the waitress was easy enough to find/flag down when we were ready for appetizers. The frog legs and French fries were AMAZING! My husband wanted more fries, so the waitress put another order in for us. She then came by the table and told us the order of fries was small, so she had put in two orders if that was ok. It was, but considering I did not order this, I expected to not be charged for the second order. WRONG!
We didn't even order entrees. We were so perturbed after waiting for drinks when the waitress stopped by AGAIN to see if we needed anything and realized she was supposed to bring us another round of drinks, that we just told her to bring us the check.
Having been recommended by locals (including lady at Chamber of Commerce), I feel like the entree would have probably been good. However, I would rather veg out in the hotel room than get poor service!

Cobham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food - unexpected in a small town like this”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

In the middle of downtown but easy to park. Medium sized restaurant with full bar. Baby back ribs are hard to get these days - good ones even harder. But these were so good I had them 2 nights running. - really really lean with lots of meat (no fat or unpleasant gristle) cooked to perfection. No sloppy sauce just really well cooked in it - although i am sure you could get more sauce if you wanted it. Main courses include soup or salad and we would highly recommend the gumbo and the crab chowder if its on. Even the baked potato was great - it had real taste. Other peoples steaks looked good too. Halibut steak was fresh, chunky and on a bed of spinach - also brilliant. Great cocktails too. we Highly recommend this restaurant and so do the locals. Reserve a table as it gets very busy.

• Visited July 2013
Cody, Wyoming
“Great place to celebrate a birthday!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I were able to get in a birthday dinner date for him here and it was our first time to visit this restaurant! We were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere, the service was great; it was just an all round great dinner experience. It doesn't cater to kids BUT it has a great kids' menu, and is welcoming. The menu selections are varied in content and price. It would be a great lunch place to gather with friends as well.

• Visited November 2013
Cody, Wyoming
“All depends on the staff.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Rib and Chop is a serious hit and miss restaurant. Some nights you can show up and get great service, delicious food, and a fun time, and other nights you can wait for an hour and a half to get cold lobster and a greasy steak. From my friends who have worked there as waitstaff, one of the cooks is awesome, and the other sucks, which would explain the roulette style consistency. Worth visiting once to make up our mind, but prepare to not be amazed if you pick a bad night.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Wyoming's Rib and Chop House? Share your experiences!