“This place is worth your time!”

Wyoming's Rib and Chop House
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Cody
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Jackson, Wyoming
“This place is worth your time!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended to us, and boy am I glad that I listened.The owner must be from Louisiana, based on the menu and the LSU jerseys.The clam chowder is the best I've ever had in a land-locked state. I smelled the gumbo, and kicked myself for not ordering it! The burger was really good, but if my experience is typical, order it one phase less than you like. It came out a bit overdone. I will absolutely eat here again when I'm in Cody!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ecko555

Lexington, Kentucky
“Very Accommodating!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our group of thirteen walked in on a Monday night that turned out to be very busy. We didn't have reservations but were quickly accommodated - we weren't aware that reservations are encouraged or we would have made them!

Our server was very helpful and did an excellent job keeping our drinks filled. Our food came out relatively quickly, and it was good. (The Ice Cream Sandwich dessert is phenomenal!)

We left full and happy. Great service at this restaurant!

Long Beach, United States
“Basically good”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a mixed experience here. It started off poorly when they parked us a table right underneath the speakers to the entire bar. It took some asking to be moved to a more quiet main restaurant room. It was disappointing for them to place us there initially since we were a family with 2 kids under 12. Even the waitress said that most people don't like to sit at that table because of the noise. But, it seems some unfortunates still be parked there every night. The main room was more traditional and sedate. The waitress was friendly and helpful, but not particularly quick. The food was average overall--some good dishes, some so-so. I'm not sure what clientele they are looking to cater to. Not sure I'd go back.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“Best Drinks in Town”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

After a LONG day t Yellowstone we decided to eat at here. If you don't have a reservation they seat you in the bar area and it is hot! I don't think they have an adequate air conditioner for that size of a space.
The portion sizes are what you expect from a steak house. They fly their fish in fresh daily and their rib eye is cooked perfectly, at first. They send everything out on sizzling plates that are so hot they spit grease at you. So your steak continues to cook whil it's sitting in front of you.
The prices are what you would expect for a small tourist town.
I would recommend their chicken gumbo and try Moscow Muel (best drink I've ever had)!

1 Thank Mrsfowlerstravels
Corsica, France
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Happy we made reservations as it filled up quickly after 5:30 pm. Our waitress was great and efficient. Our party ordered the fried green tomatoes and spicy shrimp apps, a couple burgers, a steak special, pot roast, ribs, and two steaks (rib eye & filet). The jalapeno jam for the shrimp was great. I would have preferred no breading on the shrimp because the flavor was lost. On my filet, I informed the waitress that if the kitchen did not know how to make a 'black and blue' steak properly, please don't attempt it. I did not get black and blue, but did get a very rare steak. The cut was excellent so I did not send it back. I appreciated that she said the kitchen would get educated on preparing it so they would know for future reference. For $7.99 extra I got the "Paradise Sauce" on the side, which was a seafood bechamel sauce. What I received was a seafood stock with cream. A little disappointed in that! One of our party did not like her ribs, she said they were dry. Everyone else enjoyed their meals. They had some excellent wine choices by the glass and a decadent chocolate dessert so all and all, it was a wonderful meal. We did have some people we did not know come sit down at our table as they we were waiting for a spot at the bar or maybe a table, it was strange because they did not ask and our waitress never addressed that they just sat down with us. Maybe a little better hosting up at the front could have solved that problem? It really wasn't that big of a deal, just uncomfortable as it is not family style dining there. We would definitely go back!