“Nice change of pace”

Cody Cowboy Village
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice log cabin feel. The western theme interior was just right, not tacky. Good size hot tub. Minimal landscape yes, but the rooms were a great size and most of all very QUIET. Continental breakfast was minimal, same as a Holiday Inn Express. Great stop for entering the east Yellowstone entrance. We would definately stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Cody Cowboy Village

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We opted to stay here because it was close to everything but not right in the middle of it all. We were very pleased with our cabin. I believe it was about $10 more to get the 2 queen suite (a stand alone cabin) when they applied my AAA. We had two queens in a room with a door that opens to the vanity area. This led into the living area with couch, chair, table for 4, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker is available if you request. There is one bathroom off the vanity area. I would suggest the suite since the duplex cabins would probably be rather small in my opinion. I just prefer more privacy and quiet...I was able to get both. I requested a cabin near the back as other reviewers suggested and I was very please with what we received. We were able to look sit on our porch and see the hills behind the property. (Cabins along the interior would probably only have a view of the vehicles parked in front of the cabins or the central pool area???) We didn't visit the pool area, but it LOOKED a little bit small? Again, I didn't really look, so be sure to ask when you contact them. I can't say enough about the cleanliness, the courteous service, comfy beds and just overall relaxing atmosphere we experienced during our overnight stay. I was very pleased with this stay and I HOPE we get to visit again in the near future. It will be our first pick...definitely!

Room Tip: I like quiet and privacy....so I would ask for a room near the back of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MREA5
Reviewed June 8, 2013

A great place to stay for a taste of the west! Our suite had a sitting room with tv, refrigerator, and microwave. We only stayed one night, but would have been satisfied staying many more. There were two queen beds in the bedroom, which were very comfortable. We loved the decor. It was clean. The rain shower head was very relaxing.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed one night at these cute log cabins while traveling thru Cody. The room was very large and the bed was super comfortable; I had the first good nights sleep (day 4 of our trip). The shower was small, but the awesome rain head shower made up for it. The room and bathroom were clean and aesthetically pleasing. Our cabin overlooked the hot tub area, and we could sit on the covered porch of our cabin and enjoy the morning. The hot tub area was nicely landscaped, though we didn't get in. The manager told us that they have a pool planned to go in this year. The continental breakfast was not over the top but good none the less; biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, toast/danish/muffins/, instant oatmeal, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, fruit.

I read other reviews mentioning the sulfur smell. We asked about that because my in-laws were in Cody in 2012 and they experienced very strong sulfur oder. We didn't have much of one at all. It's due to the DeMaris Spring. Depending on the weather (rainfall and wind), the smell can be strong or barely noticeable. So, it's not something going on with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin by the hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Would have missed it because the sign was a bit hard to see, but we were glad we checked it out. Excellent value for these cozy cabins. They were spotless, the beds were great! It was nice and quiet, and the staff very friendly and obliging. Continental breakfast was all right for those who just need to kick start the day with something light and a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Here's the good: New, (built in 2006) clean and well maintained cabins. Good mattress and bedding. Small bathroom but has a openable window and good light. Nice staff and very helpful but someone needs to tell the man at the front counter (maybe the manager) that his voice is so loud that he is annoying. Now for the negative: Very poor internet connections; you have to go outside and then it's touch and go. They need a small desk in the room, besides the bed there is only one chair. Breakfast is extremely limited and very little seating in the dining area.Nice small heated pool but landscaping around pool is in bad need of clean up; lots of weeds Aside from the negatives, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I typically comment on things that either fail to meet or exceed the ratings I see on Trip Advisor (or Hotels.com). In this case, I was disappointed. First the things I liked – actual log cabins fairly new and clean, with very big and comfortable beds and pillows – always a good thing. But as the night wore on, we noticed a very persistent and disagreeable sewer odor in the room. It was difficult to keep the room cool with no continuous fan capability. Breakfast was continental and rather minimal. Front desk personnel didn’t seem too motivated. The grounds consisted of taking an acre, level it off, and drop a bunch of log cabins on it with no esthetic considerations (like grass, foliage). While I understand that a 4.7 rating in a larger city and Cody, Wyoming are two different things, Cowboy Village was nevertheless a disappointment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple