Absaroka Mountain Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Cody Cowboy Village(Cody)(Great Value!)
$99
$119
HolidayInn.com
Cody Legacy Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotels.com
$180
BestWestern.com
Best Western Sunset Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$150
BestWestern.com
$169
Super 8 Cody(Cody)(Great Value!)
$110
Orbitz.com
$119
Yellowstone Valley Inn(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
$149
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewseast entrance of yellowstonenightly campfirehorseback ridinginside yellowstonecamp firefishing bridgegrizzly bearfamily trip to yellowstonelate junebeautiful sceneryup to dateshort drivegreat place to staycreekridetrailmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as part of a Yellowstone Adventure. Everything about the place was fantastic. The place was so rustic, it made you feel as if you were back in the wild west days! I cannot imagine a better place to unwind from the hustle and bustle of the real world. The owners and staff were genuinely friendly people who went out of their way to make you feel at home. Their breakfast horseback ride was also wonderful with the best breakfast I have ever had, cooked over a fireside in the woods.

Its an ideal place for a family vacation to simply relax and unwind and forget about the world's problems!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ralr99
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We had a wonderful visit to the Absaroka Mountain Lodge in September, and we do not have any complaints about the staff at all. The owners were very pleasant and very helpful, and we enjoyed every minute of our time there. We met great people staying there and enjoyed conversations with our fellow travelers, and we couldn't ask for a more warm and inviting place. Our steak dinners and all meals in the lodge were absolutely delicious. We were very novice riders and had one horseback ride guided by Austin, who was very patient and kind to us, and the ride through the Wyoming mountainside was one of the highlights of our entire trip throughout both national parks. The lodge is in a beautiful, quiet canyon next to a clear mountain creek, and we look forward to returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

It is truly impossible for me to understand the previous two reviews as it doesn't ring true at all by our experience. At the end of our week at Absaroka Mountain Lodge my husband and I felt as if we were leaving family behind. Prior to our arrival, email communications with Theresa and Kerry Boyd (owners) were always answered promptly and when we had to cut our trip short by a day that presented no problem from them. Service was consistently friendly and helpful, in fact the day we left and headed to Cody, we received a call from Theresa Boyd letting us know that we had left our credit card in the cabin. She offered to meet us 38 miles away in Cody to return it to us - where do you get service like that these days? The food in the dining room was wonderful. My husband ate the free pancakes which were dinner plate sized and I ate the oatmeal which was steel cut oats. Dinner was fantastic - the top sirloin was the best I have ever had (you are in beef country) - also had the pork chops and chicken parmesan which were delicious. Coffee was made late in the evening when I asked for it. In September all ranches are low on staff (college kids who head back to school) but the staff they had was very friendly. We rode horses twice with their wrangler, Austin, and he was very professional and took us through some beautiful woods and mountains. The fishing was great right outside the lodge in the Shoshone River. There is a good sized play area for kids with a jungle gym, swings and horse shoe pits. The Boyd's have a very friendly dog, Cedar, and two cats who wander around during the day. It is a fabulous place to spend time if you want to get away from the crowds and be surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery in a low key, very friendly lodge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We made reservations for this lodge back in February of 2009 and the wife - Teri could not have been nicer. She took our reservation and told us all about the wonderful activities for children/teens - which are also listed on their website and in their brochures. Nightly campfires and sing alongs, weekly bbq's and cookouts on Sundays and Wednesdays - she even told us what food they would be serving on the nights we'd be there and how much they charged. She also informed me that they show family movies in the main lodge every evening. With teenagers who would be without cell phone service and internet this was a big plus for us. Prices were high but she assured me we were paying for the extras and the atmosphere. We agreed and sent in our nonreturnable deposit. Obviously she KNEW when we were coming as she had the dates for our reservation. In the weeks prior to our stay the e mail that we had been using to contact them had been changed and it was difficult to get in touch with them. We noticed on their website that they were now charging 10 dollars less per night as well as offering a free pancake breakfast. We tried to contact them without luck to ask if we could take advantage of both. FINALLY we were able to reach them and they scoffed at the idea of giving us 10 dollars off but she supposed we COULD take part in the free pancake breaktast. How generous of them. When we arrived at the lodge we saw the room was exactly as it had been shown online but it was much smaller than it looked - and we needed to live out of the suitcases in our car because it was impossible to bring more than 1 suitcase into the room. The lights didn't work well and neither did the clock in the room. We decided to stay there for our first nights dinner and paid an outrageous fee for food that was really not good. I think our meal came to about 70 dollars for 2 caesar salads, 1 order of lasagna, 1 kids chicken basket and chicken parm....that was inedible. We asked our waiter who was fairly pleasant about the next nights scheduled cook out to which he replied "we don't do them anymore"...I said ok and he explained that it was the end of the season and all the help had gone back to school. Well not all the help - one of the few employees that remind, I believe one of the Boyds daughters was still there and all we heard from her the entire time was that she could NOT WAIT until the tourists went home because she was sick and tired of all the work.....sun up to sundown without a break. Well apparently they did have breaks because after the first day our room was never made up again - no clean towels, nothing. So after dinner we went out in search of the campfire and singalong - and found nothing. We returned to the lodge only to be told we TOLD you already - it's the end of the season and we dont' do that. I picked up a brochure and pointed to the advertisement and the young man called the owner - Keri - a man who does not know how to deal with the public came into the common room and started screaming at me that he was NOT ABOUT TO LOSE HIS FIRE LICENSE for someone like me and I had better understand. I explained that when we booked his wife knew the dates we were staying and one of the main reasons we stayed there were for these extras that we weren''t going to get, and his wife had never said a word about end of season or anything - just promoted the place away. The sign above the front desk said that they reserved the right to refuse service to anyone which concerned me from the start of our stay. And at onen point he shouted IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL FEEL FREE TO LEAVE! Mrs. Boyd had made it clear when we reserved that under no circumstances was our money refundable. It was 9pm - where could we have gone? So we thought we'd stay for the family movies - but only found out that the 3 employees remaining were watching football and that's what we'd have to watch if we wanted to stay in there. Other families came in and over heard and were equally as upset and disappointed. One woman asked for a cup of coffee and nearly had her head bitten off because they had JUST CLEANED the kitchen and were NOT about to make a mess again just for one cup of coffee. There is a quiet time at the lodge from 10 or 11pm through 7am but apparently the ranch hands ( who were actually quite nice) never got the message as we were awoken every morning at 6:30 by the loud music they played! And speaking of mornings, we asked about the free pancake breakfast again only to find out that it was JUST THE PANCAKES that were free. Didn't stick around to find out what they would charge for the butter, syrup, knife, forks and napkins. Found a walmart in Cody and we bought plenty to eat for the rest of our stay. Beautiful scenery - nice clean air - very very inhospitable hosts with very bad attitudes and a failure to realize just who they are and that it's the public they are supposed to be working with - not against. NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank MMWengler
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My family did a lot of research before booking a 3 night stay in August at Absaroka Lodge. I booked our cabin almost a year in advance and put down a $250 deposit. Early in the Summer I noticed on their site that they were offering $10 a night discounts on their cabins. I assumed they would honor the reduced rate but didn't contact them to verify it until the week before we were due to leave on vacation. They responded that they would give us the pancake breakfast, but would not honor the $10 off. I let them no that I did not think this was very professional--Keri--the owner--went ahead and canceled my reservation!!! My email questioning their decision was NOT rude--I called them and begged him to reconsider--he/they flat out refused. This left us in quite a lurch.

He (keri) told me that he knows the saying that "the customer is always right" but that's not how he feels. SO, if you have any sort of problem with your stay, I recommend staying clear of the owners!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family