Absaroka Mountain Lodge
Cody Cowboy Village(Cody)(Great Value!)
$99
$119
HolidayInn.com
Cody Legacy Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$160
Hotels.com
Best Western Sunset Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$150
BestWestern.com
$169
$180
Hotels.com
Super 8 Cody(Cody)(Great Value!)
$110
Orbitz.com
$119
Yellowstone Valley Inn(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
$149
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewseast entrance of yellowstonenightly campfirehorseback ridinginside yellowstonecamp firefishing bridgegrizzly bearfamily trip to yellowstonelate junebeautiful sceneryup to dateshort drivegreat place to staycreekridetrailmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We arrived on Friday evening, Aug. 5, for what was supposed to be a five night stay. We parked our car in the space where we were told to. On Saturday morning, we were awakened by a pound on the door at 7:30 a.m. It was a wrangler who said we had to move our car so he could get his trailer through. I was undressed so I gave him the keys to move it. I then dressed and went to the front office to complain and the owner didn't want to hear anything. He said, "I have a business to run." I did emphasize that I parked just where I was told the evening before. The next day (Sunday), the people in the adjacent cabin were awakened at 6:30 a.m. for the same reason -- the wrangler needed to get his horse trailer through. We heard it all and the man was cursing the wrangler out. If you park where you are told, you shouldn't have to move your car at an ungodly hour int he morning. The attitude of the owner was despicable. On top of this, I would not recommend this place for other reasons: (1) If you have an adjacent cabin, you can hear everything that goes on there as there are paper-thin walls. (2) The lighting in our cabin was poor - could hardly see at night. (3) No screens on windows near the beds so we couldn't open them up for a cross-breeze. (4) Hard to locate at night in pitch dark road. We stayed here only because by the time we decided to see Yellowstone, all the places inside the park were booked. After touring the park we had to drive extra miles to leave the park and come back here. If you are thinking of going to Yellowstone, call the concessionaire like eight months to a year to reserve inside the park. We hated this place so much we left a day early and forfeited our deposit.

Room Tip: Do not come here. You will be sorry.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelLawyerFamily
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Wonderful place to stay for some peace and quit. Beautiful setting.The people where very nice. It was a very family friendly place with activiities for the family. There are no tv's or phones in the room and your cell phone will not work there, but that is a good thing. It was so relaxing, there is a stream running right outside the cabins that you can hear in your cabin! The cabins are rustic, nothing fancy, but have the a microwave and fridge!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraS1966
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We fell in love with the place! The mountains and valleys were beautiful! The Boyds were very friendly and the wranglers were personable and just as friendly. My girls fell in love with Jessi, she was great with them. The girls also befriended Baily one of the little boys there...it was too cute!
The horseback ride we had was magnificent! We went up hills, through creeks and I'll admit the girls were a bit scared at some points, but Jessi was there to keep them talking and making sure everyone was doing well!
The kids rodeo was a treat for all as was the barbeque and campfire.
Some people complained about the bugs or critters or doors not shutting quite right...you know what? You're in the wilderness out there...this isn't a Ritz Carlton, this is a western lodge out in the beautiful wilderness! I'll take the cabin decor at Absaroka any day over a chain hotel.
My kids and I fell in love with the place. When they get older, they would love to work there during the summer season. Everyone at Absaroka, from the Boyds, to Austin, to Jessi and others were truly fine hosts. We spent 2 weeks out in the National Parks and our stay at the Absaroka was easily one of the highlights of the trip. We'll be back!
The Rubens Family

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SIRDC
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The property this lodge sits on is beautiful! We wanted to do some fishing, but the creek was raging due to all the snow runoff (lots of snow this past winter), but it made for beautiful music to fall asleep to. Location is good..not a bad trip to the east entrance of Yellowstone, or to Cody (which is a wonderful city - make sure you catch the nightly rodeo there). The lodge held a BBQ/cookout on Wed night and also had a "mini rodeo" for the kids. Was a great time. They also had a nightly campfire til 10pm and we took advantage of that one night also. The wranglers & other staff were quite friendly. Only ate once in the lodge...breakfast...tasty, but expensive. No coffee maker in the cabin...so bring coffee singles and coffee cups to heat water in the microwave. Otherwise you have to walk to the lodge and pay $1 for a to-go cup of so/so coffee. (I think that should just be free to customers, like all of the hotels we stayed at during our two week trip.) The cabin was small. No "living" space...just enough room for beds & a little table or bench. The cabin was clean but very buggy....found lots of critters. i.e..spiders, ticks, flies. The outside doors did not fit the doorframes very well, so we had lots of bugs which really bothered my kids. Many a night I was awoken by one of my kids to chase a moth or kill a spider. The sheets on the beds were not laundered to my liking, but it is a cabin, after all. I wished we had been able to go horseback riding, but due to local laws, my 6 year old would not be able to ride double with me & I did not trust her on a horse by herself on mountain cliffs. All in all, it was a pleasant place and sort of what I expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jjaannee66
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the lodge for 3 nights because all the cabins inside Yellowstone were booked. Stay was comfortable, relaxing with friendly service. Cabin amenities are a little worn but very clean. Restaurant food choices were limited so we opted to bring in our own dinner and wine on the last nite. Our cabin had a small fridge and microwave.
Although the lodge was good value and comfortable, the daily drive to and from Yellowstone was a little tiring. It's almost an hour's drive to some of the key sights in the park.

Room Tip: Cabins next to the brook is quite noisy - so you may consider the cabins across from the brook. You can still enjoy the sound of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple