“good home food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We enjoyed a nice lunch and it was good New Mexican food. The prices were not out of line and we enjoyed kidding the waitress along with the manager - both made our time there a great relaxing time.

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank You so much for taking the time to write about your visit to Zapata's. So glad you enjoyed your meal and the staff at Zapata's. We try very hard to make sure all out clients have a good time and a great meal. Look forward to seeing on your next trip.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have dined at Zapata's many times and never had a bad meal. Everything is made fresh daily. Really like beans and rice. Usually get the fish tacos or the spinach enchiladas with the awesome sour cream sauce. Great margaritas and some of the best chips and salsa this far north I have had. They also have a deck for watching what goes by on main street. Check it out!

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

So glad you enjoyed your meal at Zapata's. My staff and I try very hard to make sure you have a good time and most of all enjoy the food. I take great pride in making all my food fresh everyday. Look forward to seeing you in your next trip.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Lots of Mexican restaurants in and around Cody. None come close to this one. Excellent food, great service, very pleasant atmosphere. The salsa and nacho chips were really good. Tried the Jalapeno Margarita and it also was very good.

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am always glad to hear from a happy customer. My staff and I try very hard to make sure everyone is happy with their meal and service. Again Thank You so much and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is so so and serving sizes were about average. Good location, right on main street but atmosphere is a little on the chinch side. Pricing was average.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Zapata's. I was surprised that you thought my portions were small. I will tell you that most of the people that come into Zapata's always tell me my portions are way to large. Maybe you just a big eater. If you say the food is so so that just tells me you don't know much about Mexican food. About 90% of my reviews are positive plus. I do keep a guest log in book at the front dest if you care to come in and read the reviews. You might also be interested to know that I have numerous request to open a Zapata's in New Mexico, California , Arizona just to mention a few. Again sorry you were not happy.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just opened with new management, the drink menu was not servicable as the availabily not there yet. The food was good & service good, most in training.

Let me start by saying there is no new management. I still own Zapata's and have for the past 22 years. I wish people would get there fact right before they write up a review. Still same great food and service that I have been known for the past 22 years. We were short on some beer due to our delivery being short. Not my fault. If you have any questions please just call. But don't do a write up if you don't know whay your talking about. you might want to know that all my servers are new and in training and doing a great job.

Connie Mowatt
Owner

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!