“Eating on the Run”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We needed something to eat in between river rafting and horseback riding so we decided on Zapata's. We were busy making the arrangements for horseback riding when we first arrived so this delayed our ordering. Our waiter however, seemed to understand and when we said we needed to leave in less than an hour he made this happen. The food was good and hit the spot. We made it to our destination on time with full stomachs thanks to Zapata's!

There are newer reviews for Zapata's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spend the night in Cody and made a couple of laps around the downtown area looking in the stores and trying to decide where to eat. Big plus: No Smoking! Chips and salsa were fresh and the salsa had good flavor and was not horribly hot. The chile verde was excellent...and pretty spicy. Mexican corn (roasted corn with peppers and onions) was very good and not something I was familiar with. The ever-present beans had whole beans and flavor instead of the usual brown mash. Taco salad was a good portion and ingredients were fresh. Service was slow. We had to ask for refills on beverages and chips and salsa. Server was unwilling / unable to make recommendations or suggestions about the menu.

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your input. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your food at Zapata's. But I am sorry about your server. I am not sure who waited on you but I will be speaking to each and everyone of them about this. I expect all my servers to be on top of their game and to be as helpful as possible. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. Again so glad you did enjoy the food.

Connie
Owner

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were in Cody picking a friend up a friend at the airport. Had a couple of hours to spare so thought about dining in and not scarfing fast food. Well... We picked the wrong place to eat. Our server came to the table and took our drink order. Attempted to order queso, no luck, they were making more (an hour later, still had none). Yes, we waited over an hour for a chili relleno and soft tacos. When we received our order we barely had time to eat. The relleno was inedible, the tacos were passable, rice was a Lipton mix and barely warm. When my husband complained, the hostess claimed the relleno was one of their most popular dishes. It might be, but it was INEDIBLE! On a positive note, they did comp my husbands meal. Hostess said they were very busy because of rodeo, the rodeo occurs every night during the summer, shouldn't they be prepared by now?

sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

I knew I would be seeing a review from you the minute you walked in the door. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal but as you said you didn't want fast food and we are not fast food. Every order is prepared as it is ordered. First of all you showed up without a reservation so your poor planning is not my fault. This is a very busy time of year here in Cody and we were prepared but you were not. And I know for a fact you did not wait an hour for your food. As far as the relleno I just want you to know I sell on an average of 30 a day and 99.9% of my guest love them. I offerd to get you something else and since you didn't want it I did not charge you. I bent over back ward to try and make you happy but that just wasn't going to happen now was it. I think you are just unhappy people that were in a hurry and no matter what I did would make you happy. Again sorry you didn't enjoy your meal

Connie
Owner

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went here for dinner. My wife had quesadilla and I had chimichanga. and we had a couple of beers. The waitress answered was friendly and answered our questions and the food came quickly and was excellent and good value

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Chips and salsa were fabulous as were the margaritas. The service was fine, front desk attendant very unfriendly but server was fabulous. I had the chicken chimi, it had good flavor.