“Not "New Mexican" food”

Dining options: Reservations
Manhattan, Kansas
“Not "New Mexican" food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Zapata's advertizes itself as serving New Mexican food. Not so -- but the food was ok anyway. Nothing to come back for, other than the excellent service. The guacamole serving was almost a couple of tablespoons. No pozole and no rellenos. Will go back to LaComida next time we're in Cody.

• Visited July 2013
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Just the statment that you will go back to LaComida tells me that you know nothing about Mexican food. All my food is made fresh everyday. Not sure what menu you were looking at but we do serve rellenos. And we make them the way the do in New Mexico. I will make sure I tell Mrs Cota and Mrs Chaves, both from New Mexico that this my food is not from New Mexico. Most people from New Mexico tell me how good my food is and that I should open a Zapatas in their area. And just for the record I have received several awards on for my green chilie and salsa. So go ahead and enjoy the microwaved food at the other place.

Connie
Owner

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

They have good mexican food. We enjoyed the chip and salsa and the margarita was good. We tried the corn and beans instead of the standard rice and beans and enjoyed the change.

Visited June 2013
“A bit different”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service. Not the same ol' burrito. Came with a choice of red or green sauce or sour cream. The red was delish as was the salsa which was more of a pico de gallo. The side of Mexican corn was also a nice surprise. The only negative was that they were out of queso cheese for nachos but that was probably because we were seated 15 minutes before closing. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
“Mexican food with a twist”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Always fresh but with a little twist of Americana. Situated in the heart of downtown Cody and always a great meeting place with friends. Open year-round and don't miss the outdoor dining in summer. They have a killer Marguarita and the wait staff are awfully nice.

Visited October 2012
bellows falls vt.
“It was ok.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Service was good, americanized mexican food but tasted good. They didn't make real margaritas. Probably would try a different place since there were so many to chose from.

Visited June 2013

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!