“Hard to Review When You Can't Be Seated”

Zapata's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Hard to Review When You Can't Be Seated”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hostess at the door wouldn't seat us. Arrived at 3:30PM. Restaurant was not busy. Hostess at the hostess station wouldn't seat us. She said someone else would have to do it. Waited for awhile. Thought we were going to be seated once, but the hostess was downright surly and said, "I'm NOT seating you!"

We turned around, walked out, and went to the restaurant across the street.

• Visited August 2012
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank You so much for letting me know that this happened to you. This is in no way ok with me. All my employees know that everyone of our guest should be treated to the highest level of service.

Again I am very sorry and you can know that I will be talking with this employee if not letting her go. Hope the next time you are town you give us another try.

Connie

Detroit, Michigan
“No Flavor”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went in thinking we were at a Mexican restaurant. After leaving we noticed the sign says New Mexico not sure what that means in terms of how it differs but I was disappointed in my meal. First let me start by saying th salsa was good but very hot. Not mild enough for the normal person. I ordered a chicken and shredded beef taco. The disappointment was in the meat. There was no seasoning at all on either the beef or chicken. I ended up using a bowl of salsa to cover the tacos in for more flavor. My husband ordered the fish tacos which he didnt mind but was surprised that the fish was breaded and fried. Nothing special about this place.

• Visited August 2012
sunnyskyCodyWy, Owner at Zapata's Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
So sorry you didn"t enjoy your meal at Zapatas. I cook everything fresh everyday and the meat and chiken are slow roasted everyday. The fish tacos in one of my best selling items on the menu. Zapata"s in know for having great food and service. I have people that come all the way from Denver just to eat at Zapata"s. Sorrry it wasn"t for you .

Connie
Vienna, Virginia
“Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Fun diversion unlike the other places we had been to during the week around Yellowstone. Didn't love the spinach enchilada which was too cream based and artificial, but salsa was fresh, tasty and spicy and the staff was friendly! Others in the group were happy with their standard fare of chicken/beef tacos.

Visited August 2012
Salida, Colorado
“Great food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were here for just one night and asked a "local" in the supermarket where she would eat if she wanted Mexican food. No hesitation - Zapata's. She gave us easy directions and we were not disappointed. There were so many flavors in each of our meals - not the usual that you get at many Mexican restaurants. Also, each meal is made to order so be prepared to enjoy your margarita (also very good) while you wait. I would have rated this excellent but we felt the service could have been slightly better - probably due to the crowds which the restaurant should have been prepared for.

Esterhazy
“Excellent dip for chips”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

the dip for the chips was so good. Best dip ever! Great Mexican food. Even the kids liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited July 2012

Been to Zapata's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!