“Good dinner”

Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bubba's is only an hour’s drive from spectacular Yellowstone National Park. If you're looking for mouth-watering, hickory-smoked meats, look no further than Bubba's Bar-B-Que. Enjoy in the restaurant, or take it with you for picnics and road trips -- our meats are awesome alone or in sandwiches. We’re sure to have something to satisfy your hunger whether you’ve been hiking all day or are going to the rodeo in the evening. Not only do we have the best bar-b-que in Wyoming, but we also have sandwiches, burgers, steaks, an awesome salad bar, and great choices for the kids. Don't forget about our homemade desserts and generous selection of micro-brews.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very nice salad bar. The taste of the bar-b-q was very good. Good portions and a couple good value meals. Prices from $8. to $15.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We could barely eat for trying to waive flies off of our food. If the flies were this bad in the dining area, what were they like in the kitchen? The waitress blamed the flies on the nearby rodeo that takes place every night throughout the summer, but if the rodeo causes that kind of fly problem, which I doubt, you need to do more than mount an obviously ineffective fly zapper on the ceiling. We were right under the sole fly zapper, and it appeared to be having no effect.

I can only hope that the health department's next inspection coincides with rodeo season.

1  Thank planit
Brian W, Owner at Bubba's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Planit, first off, thank you for visiting our restaurant, we do greatly appreciate your business. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience, and I am truly sorry for the situation concerning the flies. However, I feel there are a few things that I need to clarify. First, on our health inspections (which do come during fly season) we have always gotten very high marks for the cleanliness of our restaurant. Second, this summer was a particularly bad season for flies in Cody. Unfortunately due to stringent health codes, we are severly limited to what we can do to eliminate the flies. During our most recent inspection, I specifially addressed this issue with the health inspector as this year seemed to be really bad and was told that all we can do is x, y and z and as long as we are doing these things, which we are, there isn't much else we can do and I quote her "people need to understand we are in a very rural area surrounded by nature and the flies are a problem all around town". Thanks to the EPA and various other health organizations bug zappers are one of the few things we are permitted to use, as ineffective as it may seem. We do not mean to down play this problem, it bothers us too, but all of Cody has this problem during fly season and we are vigilant in trying to keep it to a minimum.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

service was friendly and efficient. Had a smoked 10 oz prime rib that was tender and tasty. Have come in before for their ribs. We came back the next day for lunch and got their Atkins - a salad with 6 oz of meat. Wonderful!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The pulled pork BBQ at Bubba's in Cody, Wy is hands down the best I've ever had. The real trick with smoked BBQ is to get enough smoke flavor into the meat without drying it out, and Bubba's might be the very best. It is so succulent and yet so flavorful that it was simply mindboggling. I could have eaten a pound of it! I've had BBQ from one coast to the other and in many joints that lay claim to having the best local fare in NC, GA, NM, TX, MS and KY, but Bubba's pulled pork runs them over and then backs up!

If you like BBQ the way God meant it to be, then hit up Bubba's. And you haters out there might just need to get a bit more road under your tires before you come off like you know BBQ.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Being a tourist we went to Bubba's on a Friday night. What a great place. They had smoked Prime rib. My wife loves prime rib but had never had it smoked - she said it was delicious.
I had pulled pork and it was good the sauce is excellent!
Sides well you gotta have the baked beans and potato salad. The coleslaw was also very good.

Great prices, huge portions, great wait staff & great food what more can you ask for in a BBQ joint!