“Great steak, laid back atmosphere.”
Review of Proud Cut Saloon

Proud Cut Saloon
Ranked #9 of 89 Restaurants in Cody
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The Proud Cut is nothing fancy to look at but it's darn good food. Food in Wyoming in general is more expensive than the southeast where I'm originally from, and this is no exception. It's good, though, so paying premium prices isn't too upsetting.

1  Thank urgayle

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We are local residents that go to that go to this restaurant frequently. The food is always good and the service is adequate. The main thing that I would recommend is reservations in the summer months. As indicated in the name, they do have a small bar from which you can enjoy a cocktail while you wait for seating.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Just finished another great lunch at the Proud Cut. I had a lunch special , grilled ham and cheese on 7 grain bread with a cup of French onion soup. Very good and reasonable at $6.00. Spouse had hot wings and a wedge salad. Both were very good as well. Great service and friendly smiling faces . One of our favorite lunch spots:)

2  Thank PR0102
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ate dinner at the Proud Cut Saloon in early August of 2012, when we stayed one night in Cody while traveling to the National Parks in Wyoming and Montana. Worst all-round experience that I've had at any restaurant in the world - ever. We really wanted a taste of a good Wyoming steak, and the Proud Cut was recommended.

My wife, I and our two teenaged daughters were seated in the main room, met our waitress, got our menus, ordered drinks & were making our choices, when the waitress came back and said we had to move to another room. The owner apparently did not want children seated in an area that had a bar. I asked if that was the law, and was told "No" - it was just the owner's policy. I knew it wasn't the law because we had eaten at other establishments in Wyoming that had a bar right next to us. Anyway, we were shifted from the main room to a small 12x15 cinder block room in the back that had 2 tables for 4 and 1 table for 2. It was like eating dinner in a small unfinished basement. And, we were the only ones there! The owner (Becky) came out to take our orders. I tried to tell her (quite nicely), that we came here quite ready to spend $150 or more on a nice big steak dinner, but looking at our surroundings and treatment, we had decided to downgrade to burgers and fish. She immediately snapped, slammed her pen on her pad and said "you know what, suit yourself; do whatever the h*** you want" and stomped out. Five minutes later, a waitress came in to take our order. We waited 45 minutes for burgers and a salmon dish. The burgers were overcooked shoe leather, and the salmon was the worst my wife has ever tried (dry and tasteless) - she barely ate any of it. All the while, the waitress was very apologetic. It was obvious that no one liked the owner or her interpersonal skills. The waitress couldn't wait to end her job in a week and go back to college. I left her a very generous tip.

I wouldn't eat there again, if it were the only place within a 100 miles. The experience bothered all of us for months after. The food, service & owner's attitude are the absolute worst I've seen in 50+ years of dining on 3 continents.

9  Thank Harry S
Becky N, Owner at Proud Cut Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

I distinctly remember this visit, even though it was a while back. It is indeed a wyoming liquor law, children are not to be seated in a dispensing area. We advertise adult western dining. We also have a patio for families which would have been open in August. Unfortunately, this gentleman was very unhappy about the situation and had decided to stay and dine anyway. I personally visited with them and tried to pacify him. I'm pretty sure he didn't get to know me well enought to insuly my integrity or personality and the server was my niece. We have been in business for 27 years and always strive for perfection. I am sorry for the experience he had,which must have been quite upsetting to post a review 7 months later. Our deepest apologies.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

When visiting Cody Wyoming; stop in for a real treat and eat at the Proud Cut Saloon....First of; theri steaks are the best,,,,Their salads are so fresh...Try the steak salad....A great tossed salad with steak laid on top; or you can have it with chiken breast...Ans their Prime sandwich is wonderful; it's not really a sandwish; the prime rib is wonderful; served with a toasted slice of italian bread.....You can have one of their soups; ham and bean,chicken noodle, seafood gumbo, french onio or chil; all are great....They have great sandwiches too...And don't forget dessert; apple cobbler is my favorite.....And if you want the best shrimp; you've come to right place; it doesn't have alot of that heavy coating and they are huge.....THeir seafood is flown in each day fresh; it is wonderful.....Enough said; check it out....

1  Thank DLewis_10

Been to Proud Cut Saloon? Share your experiences!