All reviews game room horseback ride air hockey the main lodge lunch cooked open fire s mores owners and staff breakfast and dinner creek running our night stay east gate of yellowstone wi fi the entire staff family vacation front porch beautiful scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to do a horse ride as part of our visit to Utah and Wyoming and so we booked a one night stay with a 2 hour horse ride. The room was comfortable enough and I have no complaints about the room or the service we received at the ranch, hence the average rating.
However, I found the horse ride very disappointing. There were 5 of us in total and we went out with Eena. I am a total novice so was expecting it to be at a slow pace but didn’t realise the whole 2 hour route would be single file through woodland and it got very samey after a while. Eena spent the whole time practically riding side saddle talking to the guy on the horse directly behind her and didn’t include any of the other riders, which I found rather rude and added nothing to what I was hoping would be an enjoyable experience (she did apologise at the end for not talking to anyone else but it was a bit late by then)! As I say we were in single file throughout and it was extremely difficult to make conversation with the other riders.
Really felt that we had wasted our money.

1  Thank 516helenk
Trip778654, Owner at Bill Cody Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't as grand as you had hoped it would be. Most trail riding, especially in the Shoshone National Forest, is required to be in a single file form. This is proper procedure in putting guest safety as our number one concern. I'm sorry your wrangler didn't interact with you as much as the other guest. If you are ever in the area again, I hope you give us a chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

I have had the pleasure of visiting Bill Cody Ranch the past 4 years plus my very first visit 33 years ago. The owners and staff are super friendly and fun to be around. This trip was a short trip but I did get to sit on the porch and enjoy the peace and quiet. Just to let everyone know, there is no television, air condition, wi-fi, phone service, or noise. This place is where you go to relax, enjoy your family, and friends. We did not have time for a horse ride this trip, but have in the past. The trail ride is a MUST. We had so much fun in the past on the trails. The horses are well cared for and the wranglers do a great job. Bill Cody Ranch is the perfect place to stay if your plans include going into Yellowstone. We spent one day on this trip in Yellowstone and the ranch is only about 27 miles to the East Gate entrance. So make your plans now to stay at the Bill Cody Ranch and ENJOY life in the west. You will not regret it.

Room tip: We have stayed in the Buckaroo cabin, Little Bear, and Number 8. They are all extremely clean and unique.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

We are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We had a fantastic time at Bill Cody Ranch. We were on our way to Yellowstone and wanted to stay near Cody. This looked a great place and we were not disappointed.

A warm welcome, a large room (were were in room A) with a huge bed plus great food in the restaurant, both dinner and a hearty cooked breakfast, what more could you want? We had booked for a horse ride in the morning.
Now, we are complete beginners and 71 years old but the ride was a super experience. Eena and Heather were great Wranglers and supported all the riders throughout the two hour trek through beautiful scenery.
All in all a memorable experience. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We really enjoyed our horseback ride with Wrangler, John. He was informative, friendly and courteous. I would recommend Bill Cody Ranch to any and everyone headed to Cody, WY. It is well worth cost of the ride! The views are spectacular!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your horseback ride with us! I hope you visit us again next time you're in the area!!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Bill Cody Ranch. The setting is just beautiful, being surrounded by all the trees and mountains. Took our first horseback ride, with a great guide Clayton, including a mountain top campfire with burgers. The staff was warm and friendly, and made you feel right at home. Great food. Wish we had stayed more nights. I recommend the all Inclusive Package that includes 3 meals and the 4 hour horseback ride. Rooms were very clean.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and horseback ride with us! We can't wait to see you again in the near future!