Bill Cody Ranch
Cody Cowboy Village(Cody)(Great Value!)
$99
$119
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$69
Best Western Sunset Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$154
$169
$169
$120
$119
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$80
Cody Legacy Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$160
All reviewshour rideair hockeyhorseback ridingthe main lodgeping pongbbq dinneropen firecollege studentsowners and staffbox fantwo twin bedsribstrouteast gate of yellowstonebisonlog cabinvisiting yellowstone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was the best holiday experience my wife and I have had since we scuba dived on the Great Barrier Reef - that's how good it was. Neither my wife or I (both +60s) had been on horses before so it was with some trepidation that we booked our 4 days at the ranch from Scotland including a 4 hour ride.

From the great welcome when we arrived to our sad farewells to the lovely staff and wranglers this was really a never to be forgotten experience. The ranch is beutifully secluded among trees but a short walk behind our cabin revealed the stunning Wyoming scenery. Our cabin was well appointed with a balcony to sit on and enjoy the afternoon sun. We had all our breakfasts at the ranch and several dinners, all were great and fairly priced. Sally, Emily and the other girls who served the meals (all horse enthusiasts) could not have been nicer.

The trail ride was the highlight. Jake our wrangler was the perfect guide and teacher...his "trust the horse" advice will stay with us for a long time, and indeed we could. The trail was steep during our 2 hour climb up the mountain but after a few minutes our confidence grew and we could sit back and "enjoy the ride" on our sure footed horses. A picnic lunch at the top and then the rollercoast ride down the mountain. A great experience!!

A lovely place to stay, wonderful staff and the opportunity to experience horse riding in such a fantastic location.

If you visit this area of Wyoming I would highly recommend a stay at the Bill Cody Ranch with some trailriding.

Room Tip: We used the Ranch as a base to visit Yellowstone National Park. The East gate of Yellowstone is about 25 miles from the Ranch and the highlights another 25 miles from the East Gate. With hindsight, it might have been better to stay one night in the Park which was very busy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScotlandAvenel
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights, August 25-26th, 2012. It is a wonderful place. Our room was clean, beautifully furnished and spacious. We had Cabin Buckaroo B. There is a king size bed that was very comfortable. Will return to visit and stay here again. We did not eat here as had other reservations in Cody. Food always smelled good when they were cooking. Owners were very nice. S'mores by the fire each evening was a great way to end the day. Thanks for such a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAAdams53
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We came to stay at the Bill Cody Ranch after spending 4 days in Yellowstone. My daughter (age 8) had been looking forward to seeing the horses the whole time. The ranch did not disappoint! We liked that the cabins are set in the woods - very comfortable. We saw some other ranches with the cabins out in the open and that looked hot! We stayed in the Western cabin that had a room with two twin beds for the kids (ages 8 and 6) which they loved. It had a little fridge and a coffee maker. The only thing missing was a clock. We were a bit worried about waking up in time for our morning trail ride, but at least I had an alarm on my phone.

Owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. It was fairly quiet there at the end of August so pretty relaxing. The kids enjoyed being able to walk around, go to the game room or practice roping the sawhorse bulls - they did that for hours! They also liked the turkey that roamed the area. : )

Meals were expensive. The kids had burgers one night and should've shared since neither of them finished them. Ah well. For breakfast we just ate muffins we had on hand. Ate in Cody later. Did the morning trail ride which was tons of fun. The weather was perfect and the horses were very nice. Jonathon who led the ride was great and very good with our kids who were quite chatty on the way! The views were marvelous and it was a brilliant start to the day.

We had thought we'd go into Cody and go to the rodeo, but the kids so enjoyed just running around the ranch that we stayed in, let them play and ate s'mores around the fire before bed.

We stayed two nights and were all sad to leave when it was time to go. Definitely worth the visit!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brontemom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I want to start by saying this ranch is 5 star all around!! I stayed there with my parents and my brother in August 2012. I did lots of research and it certainly paid off :) The cabin was one room with a bathroom but had plenty of space for four people without overcrowding one another. We did not get to the ranch until after hours but the owner had the keys waiting for us at the office. They had breakfast for purchase up at the main cabin which was great because there isn't many options for food unless you go into Cody. We did a two hour morning horseback ride. Our guide was excellent and the horses were calm and helped make for a great ride :) My only compliant was e BBQ cookout, portions were small and it was very pricey for what you got. My mom and I ordered chicken which came with baked beans and cold slaw, neither of which I eat, and "homemade" cornbread, which clearly came from a box. We ended up spending $90 on dinner and all I ate was chicken. After dinner the light a fire down by the main cabin and the kids can practice lassoing and cook s'mores. All in all this was a great place run by great people who truly care about what they do and how they do it! Would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great experience of what Wyoming is all about :)

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin C which was close to the main cabin, had its own deck with table and chairs where you could watch everyone hang out and cook s'mores :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica D
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a great cabin with two bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms. Lots of space, though no air conditioning. It wasn't a problem as there were lots of windows with insect mesh across the openers.

We got great service and good food at the Lodge, which is very pleasant and also has WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family