“Great Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Elephant Head Lodge
Ranked #7 of 16 Cody B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We stayed at Elephant Head Lodge this past August on our trip through Yellowstone and Cody Wyoming. The accomodations were great! I found the owners and staff friendly and helpful. The best thing about them was that they were the real deal. The head wrangler Mike has been a cowboy since he was very young and Kevin, the owner, has been working ranches as a cattleman for many years. I would definitely recommend Elephant Head Lodge to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2007

We just got back from our Mt. Rushmore/Yellowstone vacation and stayed 4 days/3 nights at the Elephant Head Lodge. The new owners, Kevin and Debbie, really made us feel like family. This lodge and its cabins are nestled in some rocky hills right off the highway going to Yellowstone, very rustic. It is named after a big elephant head looking rock atop the hills behind it. Debbie was so nice and accommodating. She explained that Buffalo Bill's neice and her husband had built the main part of the lodge, main part of the dining room and 2 cabins, the Trapper and the Dakota. The whole lodge and cabins are decorated in cowboy/western decor, very cute. I can not begin to explain the staff......very nice, helpful, patient.....I especially like Brittany and Kim. Brittany worked in the dining room and was our hostess at several meals. She had just started working there and said she really liked it there. We were a party of seven, which included 2 teenagers and one 6 year old and Brittany never seemed to get tired of everyone asking for this or that and going back and forth to bring us whatever we needed. Plus she took pictures of us with our camera as well. Thanks Brittany!!! Our cabin, the Cimmaron, was very, very tiny for the four of us. I wished we had gotten a bigger cabin. The bathroom was basic with shower, toliet and sink with hardly no vanity, but hey....we're roughing it! No ac, tv, or radio, but I was prepared for that as I read all these reviews before booking. They did have a ceiling fan and water fan in the room that my husband had to use. It was maybe a little on the warm side as we retired for the night but by morning it was chilly as it would get down to maybe 50 degrees. No one in my family nor my in-laws got any mosquito bites while in the cabins, maybe outside somewhere but they were not a problem. They had a small playground for younger children over by the horse corral, which my 6 year old loved. They served breakfast and dinner in the dining room and you could order a picnic lunch if you wanted. They didn't serve lunch due to the fact that most guests were out and about during the day. Breakfast was good and was very reasonably priced. I ate oatmeal with 2 pieces of toast for $3.25. Everyone else usually ate eggs, bacon, toast, etc. Dinner was a little bit out of our budget since we had the whole family with us so we only ate there the first night. From what I remember the plates were priced anywhere from $20-$30 with the cheeseburger/fries at $8.95. They also offered side dishes/appetizers. I had a chef salad for around $7.00.On our last morning at 10:00, we booked a one hour horseback ride with Mike and TJ for $30 a person. Mike and TJ were awesome!! We rode across the street and through some woods by a stream in front of the mountains. Although we didnt' see any bears, Mike did point out a tree on the trail that had bear claw marks all the way down it. When my 15 year old son slid all the way off his horse, saddle and all, TJ was right there to help. He saddled the horse back up and came back to me. He rode at the end of the trail behind me because I had never ridden before. Mike also gave us (really me!) a quick riding lesson before we got on the horses and is the bartender at the small bar located in the Family room. The horses were so beautiful! I rode Badger and I didn't have to hardly anything but ride. He knew the trail very well. I really hated to leave them. All in all, the Elephant Head Lodge was very cozy and we probably would stay there again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank luv2travel39
Reviewed September 26, 2006

We stayed at E.Head for our last 3 days of a 11 day Yellowstone-Teton adventure. We are so happy that we booked with the Lamb family! Mr F and I truly enjoyed cabin 12 - the Homesteader. The roads coming out of the east entrance are a little tough right now, but arriving "home" at our cabin was always a joy. We especially enjoyed the well-stocked kitchen, the quilts and comfy beds. Our deck was huge, and well furnished with rocking chairs - you should see the stars over Wyoming at night! Our first night we went up to the main lodge, with it's wood-burning fireplace, lounge, and the the company of travelers also just coming in off the road. The dining room menu was well priced and oh-so tempting, we regret buying so much food and not saving at least one meal to share there! After being away from home for over a week, the welcome greetings from Butch, Midnight, Moses, Ernie, on our deck were happy chances to hug the beasties we missed 2000 miles away.
Don't miss the drive through Sunrise/Crandall - just make sure you gas up in Cody before you head that way. Also - stock up on groceries before you head out this way, if you intend to cook meals or pack lunches. the lodge does have a box lunch program - check it out:)
Wish we could have taken a trail ride out of the lodge - silly old bones kept us from enjoying something you should!
please email us if we can provide any help for planning your vaca here! fallvaca06@aol.com

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FallVaca06
Reviewed September 6, 2006

We enjoyed Elephant Head Lodge and the surrounding areas so much last year, that we decided to return again this year. Last summer, we took day trips from the lodge to the southern parts of Yellowstone National Park and the beautiful Grand Tetons (my personal favorite). This year we toured the northern parts of the park. Mammoth Park's landscape is amazing with it's white and yellow mineral mountains. Another day trip we took was to Thermopolis. We whitewater rafted down the Wind River, riding through class 2 and 3 level rapids (my sister's favorite). The Bear Tooth Mountain pass was our husbands' favorite. The descent from the pass to the valley below was terrifyingly awesome (thank goodness for guard rails).

It was so nice to return to Elephant Head Lodge at the end of each day. The food was excellent. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. The Miss Kitty steak is still my favorite, but the Buckaroo burgers are a close second. We took 2 trail rides with some very entertaining and knowledgeable wranglers, tried fly fishing, and saw a mother moose with her calf. At the end of the day, the pretty, quilt covered beds were very comfortable and appreciated. Next year we're coming back and bringing Grandma, too.

6  Thank cabrio2