Elephant Head Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cody
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins(Yellowstone National Park)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsyellowstone national parkeast entrancenice cabinstep back in timepleasant staywould definitely stay here againvisiting yellowstonedebbierendezvousmileshorsestrailridebearswildlifegrizzlyporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This a quiet little place. But the problem is way overpriced NO AC and very tiny room. We paid 200dollars per night which is overcharging by a least double for this room. You could not sleep due to the heat the smell of the horses was terribly. At 10 they closed the bar because the bar tender was tired. I know this is a quaint place but please the cost and conditions were bad.

1  Thank cfb107
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed in a nice cabin at Elephant Head a couple weeks ago. Our cabin has a porch with the most amazing view. After a long day of sight seeing and driving it was nice to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. The location is pretty remote, but a great place to stop on your way to or from Yellowstone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Wow, I just read the last June 2010 review - what sour people they must be! Me, my husband and our teenage daughter just visited there. We had a reservation for one night and loved it so much decided to stay an additional night. The staff was VERY friendly - college students - polite and willing to please! They all had great stories and took time to chat with us and our 16 yr old daughter. The owner - what a great guy, we had just as much fun talking with him as we did the staff. The food - all homemade and exceptionally delicious! Homemade biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, steak, salad, carrot cake, cinnamon buns - all delicious! As for the cost, you get what you pay for and the food was well prepared and worth every penny. The waitresses we had were terrific and always made sure we were well cared for. The atmosphere - great outdoors feel - yes cabins and no tv but hey, that is why you visit the mountains of Wyoming, right? And, luckily they did have a phone to use (no cell service), yes outside - for free, no charge, where else can you stay these days and call for free? Every night they have a campfire and someone always has a guitar. It was great to share stories, songs and get to know everyone working and visiting there. They offer horse back riding and the horses aren't the run of the mill tired old trail horses. They are top line, highly trained and exceptional riding horses - even a novice can handle. We had a great ride along the river and even saw a moose. If you are looking for great food and great people this is an "off the beaten path" down to earth, "real people" type of place. My entire family would love to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ThomesTeam
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at the Elephant head in June 2010. The front desk took turns trying to avoid checking us in. We were traveling with pets and they wanted to charge us $40 dollars per pet. Mind you we have 2 small chihuahuas, totally not worth the price. We were quoted 150 over the phone and were very surprised to find that, once we arrived, our card had already been charged. The room was small, but its a cabin. There was shag carpet on the floor, the lock didn't work, there wasn't much space to park and there were high weeds all over the parking area so you had to watch for fleas and ticks. There was no tv, and an outdoor phone outside of the main office down the hill. Electricity flickered throughout the night and I heard every word and door slam from my next door neighbor. when it came to dinner at the attached restaurant, they begin serving dinner at 6:30 PM which is normally too late for us. The waitresses were nitwits, didn't remember anything and horrible service. I ordered the rainbow trout "covered with lemons" and my wife ordered the chicken breast. Everything on their menu was 25 dollars and up, the home made rolls were delicious, but the chicken made my wife horribly sick. When I ate the trout, it was covered in pin bones. when I asked the waitress to bring out something else, the owner came out and told me that would be tough since I ate half the meal. Point of fact I had taken 4 bites, and 2 bites were in my napkin. She wanted to charge me for the full meal, and was very defensive. It was sad because the fish was good, even if it was only covered in lemon-pepper. If it wasn't for all the pin bones I would have been fine. I did have some sour-stomach but it could have just been the drive. If given the choice, I wouldn't stay there again. I hope this helps you!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Moosehunt55
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband, sister and her husband stayed for a wonderful week! The kids that worked there were so nice and eager to be friendly! Owners couldn't have done more to make visit better! All of us had a great time! Restful, quiet and beautiful... If you want to get away from tv & phones this is the place!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family