“Not overly impressed - enjoyed dancing and atmosphere more than dining”

Cassie's Supper Club
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Cody
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2011

No doubt, Cassie's is a funky, fun place to go out for a Friday or Saturday night experience. They have live music, dance floors, old-time decor and lots of history. While I appreciated the atmosphere, there was a lot about the dining experience that was to be desired.

It was not particularly busy when we got there, nor did it fill up while we were eating. Our waiter, however, took his time getting to us to even take drink orders. He was friendly enough, but didn't seem driven to give prompt service at all.

I ordered a soup and a steak caesar salad, my boyfriend ordered the chicken fried steak. I had to ask for my soup to be brought to me (waiter forgot it) and my salad was drowned in caesar dressing. I enjoyed my soup but couldn't really force myself to finish the salad.

My boyfriend's steak was a bit on the tough side, but he'll eat just about anything without complaint and did just that. I think it was all a little bit pricey for what we were actually served. My margarita also left a bit to be desired - almost entirely made up of sour mix.

Despite the dining experience, I really did love the fact that we could dance to a live band once we had finished our meal. Cassie's is a fun place to go for the atmosphere and fun aspect, but I don't think you should expect a high-end culinary experience. Service and food were not the best.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Upon being seated, the small lamp on our table went out. I looked down to where the cord was and saw conduit running along the wall near the floor and a steel electrial outlet box. The plug had falled out of the electrical outlet. When I went to plug it back in, I noticed the several months of food grunge on the electrical box and all along the wall on the floor. The electrical outlet box did not have a cover on it! Took our waitress in excess of 10 minutes to arrive at our table and ask what we wanted to drink. She was nice and appeared to be trying. Food was slow coming and greasy. The health inspector and fire inspector needs to visit this place. If you don't mind eating in a dirty, unsanitary place, this is for you! Menu is extremely over priced compared to other places in town like Proud Cut and Wyoming Rib and Chop. Was in this pace about 18 years ago and it was nothing like now. I understand it has changed hands since then. Too bad. Lots better food and much, much cleaner at Proud Cut, Wyoming Rib and Chop or even the Irma for a lot less money.

2  Thank ReasonableCharlie
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We visited Cassies on a Saturday night and did not think to book in advance, so had to wait a while for a table. However, as Brits in the US we sat and enjoyed the activities for the entertainments and dancing so it was not a problem. We had a very nice meal. My husband who used to be in the meat industry said it was one of the best steaks ever. I had trout. The waitresses were very busy but we did not lack attention. In all we had a fun evening, and paid what we expected for that kind of dining.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

great steaks but service was so so. Very smoky. great facility for dancing and drinking with live bands most nights

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Wonderful Wild west night out!!!! We had steak and it was wonderful!!!! Great service and good food!!

Been to Cassie's Supper Club? Share your experiences!