“Amazing family spot too!”
Review of Monster Lake

Monster Lake
Ranked #33 of 57 things to do in Cody
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing family spot too!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is the first review I've ever chosen to write. In general my time is too valuable to me to spend it writing a review of a travel spot. Monster Lake Ranch is an exception because of the wonderful time my family had there. My wife, I, and our 5 year old son spent 4 nights in an immaculate and well furnished 2 bedroom cabin for a very good rate. A real breakfast was made for us each morning, we were able to use a golf cart for short trips around the property, they have a eating/bar area that was a wonderful place to relax, and the staff was outstanding. (Huge thanks to Ted, Jim, and Mattie!)

We took two guided horseback rides while we were there, my son caught his first fish (a 14-16" trout), we hiked, saw wildlife, and made new friends. My son even got his first crush on the owners young daughter.

We plan to return in the future to spend a night at their cowboy camp on the rim rocks and enjoy more of the fun to be had at Monster Lake Ranch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Henry K

Chattanooga
“A fun place.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife went for a hike while I went for a horseback ride with the owner's wife and daughter. We rode up onto a beautiful bluff overlooking Monster Lake. No nose to tail ride for this outing. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the horses were well trained. A great time had by all!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TNfolks
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Monster lake is back”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is the most amazing fishery i have ever been to. The fish are very strong and all 4lb plus.The new upgrades were amazing and the hospitality was first class. If you are looking for trophy trout fishing with down home hospitality this is a must on your list.

2 Thank Tony R
Jackson, California
“Great destination”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just got back from Monster Lake. The cabins were well appointed, clean, And had really nice furnishings. We went for a shooting school -had a blast. Dan the owner treats you like family. Ted & Dori & the rest of the staff were excellent. We're definitely going back. AFT Customs

2 Thank Aft C
Durango, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Memorial Weekend Trip”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Just got back from one of the most enjoyable trips ever! Have made many trips to Monster & this will not be the last….FAT,HEALTHY & MAD ( when stuck ) fish…..had 1 rainbow jump 9 times ! My buddy landed a 7-8 lb. Brown….his 1st fish no less. This is as great of destination for lake fishing as you can ask for….accommodations are fantastic…..hospitality from the management team was as good as it gets….would recommend this beautiful place to anyone that wants to catch big fish & have a very comfortable stay….can't wait to get back! Hopper season is coming…..

3 Thank lzawacki

Been to Monster Lake? Share your experiences!