“excellent value”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Madison, Wisconsin
“excellent value”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

we chose a motel as we thought we were staying one night, it was late and this was convenient. The room was clean, the bathroom spotless. The owner and staff were pleasant and courteous. We ended up staying two nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clarissa, MN
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family and I used this for a stopping off point before heading out to Yellowstone. The rooms were clean, the staff was courteous and helpful in answering our questions and they provided a nice continental breakfast in the morning. The rooms were not overly priced for the time of year we went. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aurora
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel was easy to get to, reasonably priced and clean. Very nice complimentary breakfast. I wish it had a pool, but for the price that would be stretching it. It is close to the east entrance to Yellowstone National Park. I would definitely stay there again if I pass through Cody.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick-Aurora
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Staff was very nice, and helpful. The rooms were a bit older compared to a big new boxed hotel, however the view from the top two buildings was fantastic! Had a real mom and pop (in a good way) feel to the place. Would stay next time I am through Cody.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank KShad
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We rode into town on a beautiful September day. Cody hotel prices, even in September, are outrageously high and seem to be like a cartel. This was one of the cheaper places (after stopping in a few and leaving disgusted) and we were there for just a night, so agreed to pay it. The walls were paper thin (as another reviewer mentioned) and it really felt like they tried to cut costs at every opportunity. Old TV, cheap room furnishings, old carpet, dingy office really made us glad we only had one night to spend here. We would not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FLHDGuy

Travelers are raving about these Cody hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 15, 2011

First, the +s are good parking, large room, bathtub/shower combination, location OK, shampoo supplied, good room lighting, clock radio, great bed, LOTS of TV channels, and fine Continental breakfast. The main - was the TV was not the biggest in the world which seems to be this chain's modus operandi. Supply a great selection of TV stations and good selection but only supply an adequate monitor to view them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank tfberry
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Usually, I run the AC fan to drown out strange noises that would keep me up at night, but at this hotel, the AC itself WAS the noise that needed to be drowned out. On the second night, I tried the bathroom light/fan, but again, these fans were so loud that they kept me awake. The walls are paper-thin. When the alarm in the room next to mine went off at 5:30 AM, I reached over to turn off my alarm, thinking that it was in my room. On my last morning at the hotel, I was woken up by the shuttle van tooting the horn at 6 AM outside my door.

I found the night desk clerk to be very unwelcoming and rude. My business associates and I sat in the lobby to review our schedule, and he was not accommodating at all.

The room did not have any hotel information, such as how to contact the desk after hours or what amenities are available to guests.

This was my first (and last) stay with this brand of hotel. It was not a good value at all!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business