Big Bear Motel
$119
Super 8 Cody(Cody)(Great Value!)
$90
$121
$110
Hotels.com
Cody Legacy Inn(Cody)(Great Value!)
$129
$135
$72
$139
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$80
$150
$141
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspony ridesowners were friendlyheated poolnice poolstay there againfridge and microwaverodeo groundsroom was spotlessfamily suitecody rodeowest sidegreat place to stayold westbeds were comfortablebuffalo billyellowstone national parkjody
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My wife and six small children and I stayed here one night in July, 2007. We stayed in their largest family room, which had 4 double beds.

If you want up to the date decorating, this is not your place. It had paneling and decor from the 1970's from floor to ceiling.

However, if you are looking for a clean and friendly place, at a fair and reasonable price, with no unusual odors, this is a great place to stay. Even the paneling seemed clean and dust free. The beds were comfortable. Pillows, sheets, etc were clean and spotless.

We liked the place. It reminded me of motels I stayed at when travelling as a kid in the 1970's. I would recommed the place and we will stay there again next time we venture through Cody.

3  Thank irishbogs
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

We do offer several different big family offerings up to 12 persons call and talk Bill

Reviewed July 27, 2007

If you are looking for the Hilton, don't stay here. Big Bear Motel is a quaint, homey place, that will remind you of a 70's place. Paneling and outdated lighting give it charm. The room was very clean, lots of little product samples, as well as a microwave and refrigerator to store stuff. All rooms have chairs outside the rooms, and there is lots of hot water! The motel has a large pool, and serves coffee, juice and donuts in the am. The owners were on premises, very helpful and friendly. There are horses out back, the owner "rescues" them and raises them. We saw a shetland pony that was adorable. I would recommend this place because of the friendlieness of the owners. Could the decorations been updated, of course, but sometimes service outweighs the decor. Located right on the highway, the motel is convenient to all places, and easy to find.
Adrienne_pollack@yahoo.com

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nursepower100

Thanks for the review stop on by to say hi Bill

Reviewed July 18, 2007

A little bit overrated motel to our opinion. Average room, a little bit noisy. Breakfast as usual a waste of time. Why do we tourist accept a banana, some douguts and tasteless coffee.
Avoid this by crossing the road and get your breakfast at a small, and very populair, restaurant.
Can someone please clean the swimmingpool and put some lazy chairs around it. Laying on the ground isn't that comfortable!

3  Thank Gulliver_Ron

Some of our guests are average or below but I am not complaining come on back and look at all the changes Bill

Reviewed July 17, 2007

If you are looking for a friendly place with character, at a good price, and don't need frills, this place is great! The rooms are dated and dark, but clean. The gravel parking lot comes right up to your door, and there is seating outside to relax on while the family assembles. The staff extremely helpful. The frills minimal. We stayed
for two nights with kids and they loved visiting the horses in the back. And they liked the pool - which also has no frills. Not on the main drag, but there is a very nice gift shop right across the street, it is walking distance to the rodeo and easy to find.

3  Thank familyville

Free pony/ horse rides have been a big hit come on by and ask about Bill

Reviewed July 14, 2007

I made reservations at big bear at the beginning of July for my honeymoon. We leave today and I was going through all of my confirmations for the many hotels we are staying in during our visit to Yellowstone, Cody etc. I noticed I was missing one after an hr of searching the internet trying to remember where I had booked I found Big bear and remembered making my reservation there. I called to confirm. The guy that answered the telephone confirmed my reservation. I asked him to send me an e-mail confirmation to which he replied I am too busy. I explained I had never recieved one in the first place and would really appreciate one. He advised me that this was his busy season and that he was too busy and refused to send me a confirmation. I said interesting and hung up. I thought about it some more and figured I had spoken to some kid they had manning the phones. I called back with a view of discussing why someone can pay over a hundered dollars for a room but were not deemed worthy enough of an e-mail that would of taken all of a minute to send. The same person answered the phone, and it turns out he is the owner!!!! I asked if he was the person I had spoken to previously to which he replied I am do you want to cancel? I advised him that if he did not feel that a customer was worth an e-mail confirmation for multiple night stay then I would be seeking alternative accomodation.

I run an extremley busy bed and breakfast myself. If a guest calls me and says they did not recieve a confirmation, I would not dream of saying I still have to net the swimming pool, I still need to do the laundry I am too busy. I take time out of my day to make sure my guests are happy and have everything they need prior to and during there stay. I really am sat here amazed! and disgusted.

Seems like Customers are just a number to Big Bear I am currently looking for alternative accomodation with a view to cancelling my booking.

If the owner himself cannot be bothered to send me a confirmation of my booking I really don't think that I want to stay at his establisment.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dazza100
bigbearmotel, Owner BIll at Big Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2007

Howdy out there, Ya some times when get busy in Cody and a reserved guest with a confimation number in hand wants us to drop everything and email him out another confimation we/I may not feel justified of our time or other guests time, that would lack from doing so. So I am proud to live in a country that has the right not to put up disgruntled guests that haven't even been to our place yet. We did rent his room to a lovely couple that enjoyed there stay as much as we enjoyed having them. Hope to see you all soon Bill and Jody Holly