“Best Hotel in Cody for Family trips”
Review of Big Bear Motel

Big Bear Motel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed August 31, 2006

This motel was Excellent. Somehow we stumbeled upon this motel on the internet as we were making a Wyoming-wide tour with our 4 kids (total of 6 people)...and we're glad we did. We got a "Family Suite" which had 3 beds that slept the 6 of us very comfortably. The room was clean and new. The pool was clear, beautiful and big. It was a great location for our stopover in Cody. It was right next to the Cody Rodeo, a mile from the Buffalo Bill Museum, down the street from a great BBQ restaurant, a mile from a Super-WalMart, no traffic noise (or traffic for that matter), and it was at the western edge of Cody so that when we were ready to leave for Yellowstone, we just turned right and we were on our way. Best of all though was the husband-wife team of Bill and Jody. Bill (who looks a little like Buffalo Bill himself) and Jody were great. As I was checking in with my 11 year old daughter by my side, Jody came into the office to make a phone call. As she came in she asked my daughter if she could "hold this" as she handed her some rope. When my daughter turned around, she noticed that there was a riding pony attached to the end of that rope...it made her day. Choose this hotel, it will be your best choice in Cody!

Craig.

Stayed: August 2006
5  Thank cmartise
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Best guest for us so there Bill

Reviewed August 28, 2006

Big Bear is a family-owned motel. The owners were very friendly, and accomodating. There rooms were nice and comfortable. At the time we made our reservation there were no remaining pet-rooms with refrigerators remaning.The owner moved a small refrigerator into our room at no extra charge. Nice.

They were excellent resources for local attractions, i.e., trail rides, whitewater rafting, museums, etc.

On departure day I packed early, and got the family off to the river. I came back to check out and do a final inspection of the room. The cleaning lady had found my camera bag, and brought it to the desk. When I went to check out, he handed the bag to me, and had already left a message on my home phone regarding the bag.

Honest, with friendly service.

I cannot say if I will ever come through Cody, WY again, but I would not hesitate to stay with these fine folks again.

Big Bear is easy to find, on the edge of town heading into Yellowstone.

Stayed: July 2006
5  Thank beerwhisperer

Hope to see ya soon Bill

Reviewed August 19, 2006

My husband, daughter and I were on our way back home from a long trip from Spokane Wa. we had gone to Colorado Springs to see my son and his wife and new baby girl. we went from there to Kansas, then through Nabrska, then to Cody and found your motel. my daughter was pleased to fined the pool very inviting after a long car ride. and us the rooms were great. it was very afordable. and a nice stop on our way to Yellowstone and then back home to Spokane. Thanks for a wounderful time . The Nelson's John ,Linda,Kristy

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank lazygirl2

Great havin ya give your self a pat on the back Bill

Reviewed August 16, 2006