“Spend the Extra Money”
Review of Big Bear Motel

Big Bear Motel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would advise spending a little extra money and staying at a different facility. I am so glad I only had to spend one night in this place. The room was just not that good. The work space was depressing, you can see right through the towels and wash cloths, the hot water temperature was set to "Scald" and the parking lot was a pothole maze. I will not be back at the Big Bear again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bigbearmotel2, Front Office Manager at Big Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about our motel, we appreciate every review, for it shows how we can improve. Our motel is a 2 star motel and some of our rooms are older and are maintained to the best shape we can keep them in. Our parking lot has been a mess of potholes lately, because it has been raining for the last few weeks and filling them in is a losing battle because our lot is gravel and dirt. The situation with that is guaranteed to improve soon when the rain stops. We also just ordered new towels and wash cloths and those are being circulated through our rooms. We apologize for these inconveniences as they are decrepit to our guests' stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After shopping around and staying in a different motel the first night, we found this one! Good, clean and good internet. Great price and we stayed 2 nights. Nice (real) towels, and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: room behind office, just remolded.sky light and very nice room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Bigbearmotel2, Owner at Big Bear Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Yes we do have cabin style rooms in a big u shaped area with the biggest pool in Cody Bill

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stopped here while visiting Cody and we fell into a great deal here. The hotel is not the Hilton but the Hilton don't offer the down home customer service small western town experience that this place offers. We are from the east coast and you could never find a true American owned place like this. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable the earlier post about beds sounds like an out of shape person that needs a fancy bed. The mattresses are brand new and they are high quality. This place has a rustic western feel. We sat on the front porch in the evening and watched the sun go down. We had a wonderful family bonding experience here. We will continue to come here several times a year. The owners of this place just got a frequent loyal customer. It is walking distance to the Rodeo which starts up in June and is a must do also. Stay here eat breakfast and lunch at Granny's restaurant and go grab a beer and a hamburger at the silver dollar and you will be one happy Cody visitor.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigcat12

I guess we should just bow for this one but I won't get a big head over it Bill and Jody

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice people, older motel without even a hair dryer. I give the place 5 stars for cleanliness and a 1 star for the bed and bedding. The mattress was broken down and my husband and I rolled toward the middle all night. I could feel the springs through the mattress. The bedding was old and pillows were the thinnest I've seen outside disposable ones at my hospital.

I suppose if you're a camper and used to sleeping on the ground this place would be grand. If the bed and bedding were better I would be satisfied. However as it stands, I cannot recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi always like to here from guests even if they don't bring to your attention when there here thanks again Bill

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for one night while doing a road-trip heading to Yellowstone, and it was a great place to stop just before entering the park. The man at the front desk was friendly and very helpful, he recommended us an awesome place to have dinner. The room was comfortable, cute and clean. I'd only suggest a new set of sheets, the were starting to look too old.
They just offer coffee or tea for breakfast, but there's a great place on the other side of the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the feed back we are on located on the west strip between the walmart and the rodeo grounds

Reviewed May 20, 2013

They have a reasonable rates(compared to other hotels/motels in Cody) and the rooms were cozy but dated. The door on our room had a hard time closing/locking, the toilet was running constantly and there were a couple other little details that needed addressing but we were not looking for anything fancy. Just a comfortable room to stay in while we stayed in Cody for a couple days. They allow pets which is an important plus for us since we travel with our dogs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Well I guess they were in one of our only smoking rooms Thanks Bill we do just have 2 left although we keep them fresh aswell

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Towing a trailer with my doggy along. Room was comfortable in all ways, hot water, full TV channel lineup, beautiful view, friendly staff. Joanie, the cleaning lady, is a gem with helpful tips on the area and a joy to talk with. Quiet location on west edge of town with ample parking.
Big Bear Motel will be my first choice when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank notoriouskelly

Well I don't know what WETSERN hospitality is but will take the 4 stars thanks Bill