“Do not stay here!”

Kings Inn Cody Hotel
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The rooms are old and unclean....not to mention over priced! Wifi did not work. When asked for a late check out I was told no way... I would not say there if they gave me free rooms!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Kings Inn Cody Hotel

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Cody motels/hotels are outrageously VERY expensive in the summer season. They know they are the closest town to Yellowstone's east entrance, so they can charge very high prices for a simple hotel room bec. they know you won't drive long distances to get to the next town. Next time, we'll try to stay in either Jackson or West Yellowstone where there are MANY more hotel options, incl. chains where you know what you'll get. We wanted to stay at a hotel next door, but it wanted $159/night!! I asked for the cheapest rate, and they said that was it. I asked where it was cheaper, and the desk staff referred me next door to the Kings Inn, which wanted $110/night. My friend and I had already driven through town and not seen anything that even looked appealing and that wasn't along the main (noisy) road, so we decided to stay at Kings Inn.

I specifically asked to be away from non-smoking rooms, but the staff said the only rooms available were at the end of the hallway next to the smoking rooms. I didn't even think hotels had smoking rooms these days or allowed smoking in their rooms. Gross! The hallways outside our room smelled like cigarette smoke bec. the guests next to us smoked, and of course the smoke drifted out under their doorway into the main hallway and into our room. I had to hold my breath in the hallway so I wouldn't inhale the smoke.

Like the other reviews say, the staff are very friendly, and the stuffed African wildlife in the main lobby is very attractive and unique. The staff even allowed us to see a vacant room before we decided to stay there. Free wireless is very fast. Nice, quiet rooms. Air conditioner worked well.

Just wished the hotel would NOT allow smoking inside the hotel, as the smoke in smoking rooms does not stay in those rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room furthest away from the smoking rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Hotel was close to rodeo,away from the main drag. Staff was friendly, hot tub and indoor pool. Good size rooms and resonably priced. Great place.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Staff was friendly and accommodating. They greeted me as a welcome customer not a bothersome hardship in their day's work. The hotel and the room were secure, clean, quiet and comfortable. These are the things that mean the most to me in a hotel. The price was middle of the road for Cody however it did include a decent continental breakfast. The hotel is a bit removed from the center of Cody's action however it is well within walking distance (I am in my late fifties).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We can"t stop telling everyone about this one! My mother came with us and took pictures of everything from the room to lobby. Where else can you feel like you're on a safari in a Western town! Plus it was clean and the staff was so helpful! We have already told everyone to stay here on their trips to Yellowstone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tripmom50
Reviewed February 7, 2011

No elevator up to 2nd Floor, which is a big probelm when you are with Seniors Citizens and everyone has large luggage! They need to update there rooms as well, felt dated, cold, old fashioned and not cozy. However, it was clean, nice staff, cute entryway, breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rochl29
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This apparently used to be a Days Inn. We came in late, around midnight, with no reservation, and started calling for rooms. We called what I thought was the Days Inn, and the gentleman said they had a vacancy and "come on out!" Looking for a Days Inn, we drove around and finally had to call back to learn that it was now the Kings Inn. The lobby is FULL of stuffed wildlife with a large sign saying "don't touch the animals", and as I stopped and got close to one, the front desk person told me the same thing (but quite nicely and with a smile). You don't usually see front desk people that friendly and cheerful and welcoming at that hour of the night, but he was, and he also tried his best to find a way to give us a discount (like with AAA, AARP, etc). The room itself was clean and cozy, and offered a small coffeepot and coffee in the room, as well as continental breakfast downstairs, which was decent, but nothing too special. Overall, it was worth the reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple