“Cody Museum is worth some time”

Cody Firearms Museum
Ranked #4 of 60 things to do in Cody
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I enjoyed Cody Museum and it didn't take me long to realize why a ticket is good for two days. The firearms museum brought back many memories of a teenager off in the field. Why look at the different firearms I thought of the boys I had hunted with that owed that particular type of firearm. Tears came to my eyes several times because some of those boys are no longer with us.

I only had one day and that is a lot of Museum to cover in one day.

The different themes of the west where great and kept me interested. I stopped and watched many of the theater presentations. Well worth the time I spent.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"colt"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hard to imagine so many guns in one place. Depending on level of interest in guns, could take more than one day. Easy to get lost in all the history and facts. A must for any firearms enthusiast or history buff.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is the biggest firearm museum in the world. It is like a timeline of the evolution of the gun. Each section is decorated according to the time period. Quite amazing!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are so many guns here. I never dreamed there were so many makes and models of the old flintlock and percussion guns, let alone the blunderbuss! A must see for anyone with an interest in guns and history - the guns that I saw go back the 1400s!