“Here we are!!”

Moose Creek Lodge and Suites
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We are sitting here in the lobby of this fine establishment as I write this review. In staying here for a 7 day adventure through Yellowstone and the Cody area we have gotten to know these fine folks.
Throughout the town the rates are higher than you would first expect. Once you are here and visiting with the locals however you realize that there really is only 3 months of business here to make it. The Moose Creek has a lower rate compared to the chain hotels in town yet they still offer a nice clean room, good t.v., fridges in the rooms and our internet worked well.
The breakfast is smaller than some out there - we had toast, donuts and yogurt in the morning when we wanted to eat there. Right next door is a great little restaurant/coffee shop that we would venture out to as well. Plus as a guest of the Lodge they gave us a discount when we ate there.
The staff was excellent, over the top helpful and friendly. We didn't have a problem one with anyone and we will definitely be coming back soon! If you headin to Cody for the night this is where you want to be!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ainz_12
There are newer reviews for Moose Creek Lodge and Suites

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We booked this room over the Internet. What a mistake. The rooms were clean except the carpet. I wouldn't walk barefoot in the room. The bathroom was clean but very small. The rooms have load window units. Bikers stay here so it's load in the morning. The coffee was terrible in the office and the juice was watered down. There was no food in the morning. The blankets were very old and the towels were thin. You pretty much have to bring your own toiletries because they are unusable what they provide. All this for $149.00 a night.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Old econolodge. Small room.6 coat hangers and two drawers for one double bed. Breakfast open bowl of white yogurt,
Bowl canned fruit plus sliced bread. All for $130 plus tax.but. Excellent location.very small indoor pool. Exercise room with
2 bikes and another small machine.wi-fi problematic.2 towels only unless request more.clean.at $75.00 would recommend.
Cody lodging has just gotten unreasonable....plan for short stay here. Museum is still fantastic.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel the woman who checked me in was very friendly, curtious and helpful, however the woman working the front desk in the morning with her horrible looking cowboy hat was nothing less than a *itch!. Made rude comments to my kids when they asked questions about the breakfast. DO yourself a favor and stay anywhere else than here!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank philip t
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My parents and our family had reservations at this hotel this past week for our stay in Cody. Had we read the reviews on this site we would never had booked this hotel! It was nothing like their site stated!!!They stated that they were AAA,but were far from it! The hotel is very outdated and has outside window units. The rooms were dark and had old comforters on the beds and was a very stale smell when you opened the door. After looking at the rooms my parents went back to the office to let the manager know that this was not exceptable especially with the extremely high price they were being charged. They were treated rudely by the manager and she told my Mother that she was a spoiled and to get out of her hotel!!! We left and went right down the street to a very nice hotel that was very polite and cheaper. We do not mind paying but this place was a total dump!!! We had planned this trip for a while and this was very upsetting for us. Cody is a wonderful town that everyone should visit but please do not let this place influence your view of Cody, We would live to go back but never to this hotel.STAY CLEAR OF MOOSE CREEK LODGE!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I am a motorcyclist for more than 30 years and I appreciate a motel in a convenient location at the end of the day; this could be one. I stayed in this motel twice, once in June of 2011 as a part of an 18-day tour to the Rockies, and another time in early July of 2012 as a part of a 16-day tour across the country. Just for reference, I rarely stay in the same motel two consecutive days along my bike trips. Rating for the June 2011 visit would be 3/5, but rating for the July 2012 visit is 0/5. If everything goes fine, as was during my first visit, one could expect a convenient motel, although outdated. However, if anything goes wrong and you find yourself at the mercy of the female co-owner of this motel, well …, good luck. In my case the problem was loud noises from the next room. To make a long story short, and skip who said what to whom, the female co-owner should either go to an anger management course, learn how to negotiate problems with customers, or live in a farm and deal with livestock for leaving. When she is angry, it appears like she would be thrilled to resolve issues with a fist-fight. Well, … I do not do fist-fights … I would rate my last experience at this motel as my worst experience I ever had in an American motel. Before you make a reservation there think again: Is it going to be 3/5 or 0/5 tonight? Am I ready for a fist fight? Is it worth the risk?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GLRider18
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Got into Cody late the day before the 4th of July, the girl at the desk was helpful and the rates were reasonable as well as clean

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple