“Thank you for a great time!”
Review of Rimrock Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
Rimrock Ranch
Ranked #9 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Cody
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hospitality by everyone was superb... our western decor cabin was cozy, comfortable and impeccably clean...the meals were exceptional and delicious...the activities were well planned...the trail rides, led by experienced wranglers was absolutely breathtaking...5 stars to our gracious hosts, Gary and Dede and their friendly, courteous staff. It was a WOW experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here so much in July of 2009 that i came again the next year with my school. The area is breathtaking, the people there are extremely friendly and hilarious, there is never a moment when there is nothing to do. All activities are fun, so you should do all of them, or you'll regret it. The food is great, the cook Frank is awesome. You get to know everyone by name, it's almost like a second home. This was definitely one of my favorite vacations, and I do plan to stay there again a third time.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This was an early birthday celebration for me with my wife,children and spouses and 2 grandchildren ages 3&5. Reaching Cody is not easy and will require at least 2 planes. Once there,Dede or one of her staff will meet you at the airport and take you to the ranch which is about a 30 minute drive.Be prepared for a great time with wonderful staff . The maximum number of guests is only 30 so you become friendly with many interesting people from all over .The cabins are beautiful and spacious. Ours had a very large living room with a fireplace, 2 extra beds and a very nice bedroom. The staff is excellent,the food very good(you will have a lot of meat,we only had fish one night(salmon) which was good. Besides horesback riding with very well trained wranglers,there is a game room,swimming pool and hot tub.I picked this ranch because of its location and the report on Travel Advisor.They took us to the Cody Rodeo one night which is the oldest and best in the nation, white water rafting one afternoon and a full day with a guide to tour Yellowstone Park. I dont know how I will ever be able to top this family trip.There is no TV but the main house does have wifi.You wll breathe the freshest air, see beautiful scenery and the bluest sky.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank JMICHAEL
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband, 11 year old son and I spent our family vacation here for one week in late July. The owner Dede and the manager Nancy went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met. The ranglers, especially Briant, Brian, and Jim, couldn't have been more accommodating, fun to ride with and interesting to talk to.

Our cabin was perfectly perched alongside a stream that my son spent hours playing in with the other children. We loved the outdoor porch where we could relax with a glass of wine at the end of the day. The pool and hot tub were a great place to relax after a day of activities.

As far as the included activities, we especially loved going to the rodeo one night. Seeing Yellowstone with the guests was interesting and we enjoyed meeting up with wild buffalo in the road, but I think the ranch tried to show us too much in one day. If I were to do it again, I would spend a few days there on my own and do things at a slower pace.

We really enjoyed the riding with the horses in the beautiful and scenic nearby mountains and appreciated the tips that the ranglers gave us on how to improve our riding. All of the guests were beginning riders and we had to stick with the whole group (all 33 of them) on most of the whole trips. Since we had some experience riding, I would have liked to break up the groups based on experience or just the type of riding they would like to do. Sometimes the ranglers broke the group in two, but we were always still stuck with a large beginner group.

The food was plentiful and what you would call "home style". Nancy provided me with vegetarian options whenever they were serving meat, which was most nights.

The ranglers let my husband help rangle the horses at the end of the day - the highlight of his trip. Now that we are home, my son keeps asking me when we will go back to the Rimrock again. Judging by the amount of fun that we had, I think it will be sooner than later!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Our stay at Rimrock Ranch was fantastic! We had a group of 11, ranging in age from 77 to 6. Grandma planned the whole thing so I went in with no expectations except that I might feel like a 'city slicker', out of my element. I could not have been more wrong. We all felt immediately right at home thanks to the outstanding hospitality of the Fales and their staff. I was unsure about the horse riding, but ALL of us, even Grandma, were guided and helped so we were all confident and able to enjoy all the rides and even the rodeo! The food was outstanding. Don't miss the all day ride or the white water rafting. We never wanted to leave and will come back at our first opportunity. Bring a hat with a string, bring water shoes for the kids - they will spend many hours playing in the creek! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I planned this trip with a reluctant teen daughter, a sulky tween daughter and an husband with no idea what to expect. The drive from the airport won my husband over. By the end of day one the whole family wanted to plan a return. This place is magical. The staff are all so nice and friendly, the scenery is spectacular, the horses are happy and well cared for, the food is top notch, the music is dreamy, the activities are all entertaining and perfectly scheduled and leave just enough down time to play cards or read. Every aspect of this trip was ideal. This is the vacation of a lifetime! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank edgartown
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We choose Rimrock Ranch based on the Tripadvisor reviews and had our best, vacation of a lifetime there. I can't rate this high enough, as it exceeded all expectations. The staff and owners are there to serve you and they make you feel right at home and you are sad to leave. Dee-De and Gary run a first class operation. The food is excellent and you truly get value for your dollar and a lifetime of memories.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family