“Why can't we stay longer?”
Review of 7D Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cody
7D Ranch
Ranked #1 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Cody
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Our 10 and 12 year old sons had no interest in leaving the 7D Ranch and yes, we are returning next summer. Our visit was filled with so many new and wonderful experiences in the gorgeous Sunlight Basin with the most wonderful hosts you could ever imagine. We thoroughly enjoyed the company of the other guests including families with younger girls and boys as well as singles. The 7D goes out of its way to ensure you are having a great time. It's a special vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for 7D Ranch

Reviewed November 21, 2010

The people at 7D Ranch make the experience! Meade and Andrea Dominick are extremely welcoming and their staff is friendly, fun and GREAT at what they do. The ranch and surrounding areas are GORGEOUS, the horses wonderfully healthy and the schedule of events just perfect. The food is great and I would've easily stayed all summer if I could have! There is no doubt we will return again. Almost makes me want to keep 7D Ranch a secret so I can always get a reservation when I want it, but the Dominicks have worked hard and the world should know about it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

The staff at the 7D Ranch made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The ranch, nestled in a valley surrounded by mountains, was the perfect setting. Our cabin complete with woodstove, had a rustic decor which made us feel a part of ranch life. Our days were filled with riding, hiking, fly fishing, shooting, and simply enjoying conversing with the other guests and staff. Each moment could be as busy or as relaxing as we desired. The meals, served family style in the main lodge to guests and staff alike, were a culinary experience. The food was delicious and plentiful... no one left the tables hungry. Spending time exploring that magnificant country was amazing. Our week at the 7D Ranch left us with new friends, exciting experiences, and a lifetime of memories.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Wow, how do you explain such a wonderful place with words. Pictures do not do full justice either. I first visited 7D in 1991 - had not been on a horse since I was 5 yrs old. I knew on my first ride that something about my life had changed. This is one amazing place. The Dominick family bought the ranch in 1958 - now in third generation of management. And, they KNOW HOW TO TREAT GUESTS. The cabins are great, the food is great, the horses are wonderful, the staff is very down to earth and does an A+ job of taking care of your every need. I have been there alone, with a boyfriend, with girlfriends.....a couple of times we were able to get together a group of 6 of us. I have made friends with other guests which I stay in touch with. Since discovery of 7D I have not wanted to vacation anywhere else. One year I did try a different ranch. I did my homework....the minute I arrived at “x” ranch I wanted to cry. If you have any interest in staying at one of God’s most beautiful creations, if you like horses, if you want to see if you like horses, if you like hiking, fishing, relaxing - do yourself a favor and visit 7D. I have already made reservations for 2011 - will be 14th visit. Changed my life. I discovered that I really did enjoy the outdoors, horses and adventure. 7D is my therapy and I am blessed to have found this slice of heaven. I honestly can not say enough about this place. If you are looking for a ranch experience - take my word, don’t look any farther. This is the real deal. It is more than the real deal. Yes, I truly love the ranch, the Dominicks - and cherish every memory I have been able to create there. Oh yeah, due to my time there I finally had to give up city life and get a horse farm in Arkansas. Yup, I knew it was going to change my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Astonishing landscape, varied and dramatically beautiful. Excellent professional family running this place for generations. Good fresh healthy food, fun friendly atmosphere, great opportunity for athletic activity and of course for being quiet, and riding great horses with super bright guides ( expert wranglers)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

The 7 D ranch, located in Sunlight basin, is the most gorgeous setting in the west. If you love to ride horses and fly fish...this is the ranch for you. I rode all day long on wonderful fresh horses up wild mountain passes. It is heaven on earth. You should go!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I've been vacationing at guest ranches in Colorado, Canada and Wyoming one or more weeks per year for sixteen consecutive years and 7D Ranch is the best ever. Over the years, I've taken friends, my son and daughter-in-law, my son and his entire family (three grandkids), just my grandkids and this past summer it was just my ten year old granddaughter and myself (Grandpa Bob), an age difference of 55 years. Our experience at 7D will always be treasured and we will definitely be going back in 2011. If for no other reason, the scenery alone in the Sunlight Basin would be worth the trip. However, being hosted not only by a family owned but also family managed guest ranch is the best. Andrea and Meade Dominick were fabulous hosts, the food was great, the accommodations great and clean, the horses beautifully trained and cared for and then there was the staff: the best ever! I have never been to a guest ranch where the staff was so flexible and accommodating to the wishes of the guests and I don't think that my granddaughter and I have ever had more fun together thanks to the staff. The family leadership flows through to the staff and you can see it in everything they do. Both the kids and the adults the week we were there were able to do or not do as many experiences as desired. The rides were superb, the wranglers the best and above all, the chemistry between guests and staff could not have been better. 7D is a great place for families, adults and children.

• Stayed: August 2010