1,085 results
All reviews walk in shower free laundry great hotel third floor wet bar nicest hotel attached restaurant buffalo bill best westerns western hotels hotel restaurant highly recommend this hotel beautiful property mountain view sitting area comfortable beds pool and hot tub
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Do not let the franchise name "Best Western" fool you. Though Best Western does continue to have a good reputation anyway, I am referring to the "star" quality of this hotel. We have spent probably a good 30 nights or more at "The Ivy" (as the locals refer to it). A majority of the time was when we were remodeling our seasonal home about an hour away. Other times are when we have flights the following morning or late at night. We have three little ones and they even look forward to staying at this hotel when we are in town. The staff makes them feel extra special by doing the little things, whether it be giving them coloring pages/crayons to candy at the front desk. One visit when I had my elderly father and godfather with me who were not used to the Wyoming cold, Will (at the front desk) drove to his own home and came back with a floor heater to put in the room (yes, the hotel was warm enough, but these old guys were used to sleeping in 80+ degree homes!). Karen - the general manager, went out of her way on many occasions to help my family and I settle in by digging up phone numbers/contacts of day cares for our kids during our extended stay. We knew absolutely no one in this town at the time and she gave us a great impression of what makes this town of Cody, the friendliest we have ever encountered. As far as actual accommodations, the place is new (about 3 yrs old I think) and as such, benefits from being clean, solid, and lots of hi-tech (examples: fiber speed Internet, plenty of outlets, video ports if you want to plug your computer into the TVs, iHome clocks, etc). The walls are thick and we have never had any problems with hearing other guests. I love the beds and keep forgetting to ask what brand they are. Comfortable and lots of pillows and comforter/blankets. The showers are great - stacked stone-like tile with detachable shower head. They don't skimp on towels (something that I have noticed some hotels do - I don't know why...). The pool is okay but for those families with kids who want a swimming adventure, I recommend driving around the corner to the "Rec Center" and buying a day-pass for water slide fun, etc.. The bottom line however, is that this hotel is about a 4-star in my opinion. I love it and more importantly, love the staff. Thank you staff for all that you have done for us! We love you guys!!!!!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWSunset, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

WOW! Thank you so much for the amazing review of our hotel! We always look forward to seeing you and your family. You kids are so sweet and it is great to have been able to see them with each visit and how much they have grown since your first stay with us. We feel that it is the little things that can be done to make a guests stay go from great to amazing. Our entire staff likes to be sure to make all our guests stays amazing, and we are glad that we are able to do this for your family. We would also like to say thank you for pointing out all of our high tech and upgraded amenities. We wanted to make sure that our guests had the convenience of home while they were staying with us. Even after your seasonal home is finished being remodeled we hope to see you and your family when you come to Cody. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our grandson. We all had the time of our lives. We swam in the pool which was the perfect temperture and was very clean. We ate dinner in the restaurant that was extreamly good. Wait Staff was polite and efficient. It was quite close to the Buffalo Bill Museums and shopping. The room was beautiful and clean, and had a large screen TV.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so pleased to hear that you had such a nice time at our hotel on your trip to Cody with your grandson. It is nice to know that you loved our pool and the restaurant, The 8th Street, during your stay. We agree that our pools are very relaxing and have a perfect temperature no matter the time of the year. Our maintenance staff is always sure to make sure it is very clean with crystal clear water for all of our guests. Our location is great, and we always have great reviews about it. The 8th Street's food is delicious and the wait staff is great. Thank you so much for the nice review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really nice looking hotel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very comfortable bed. Bar and restaurant in the hotel, both pretty good. I'd stay again if I come back to Cody.

Checked in on a really cold day after a yucky drive from Billings MT. Someone had left the window in my room open and it was REALLY cold. Staff came up and found the open window and made sure heat was on. The room really didn't warm up even after about 1/2 hour, so they moved me to a different room and made sure I was happy - tried to give me a 6 pack of beer. So all said the bad wasn't really too bad.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us during you trip to Cody. We are glad to hear that if you were ever in the area again you would stay at our hotel. Our staff always tries to make sure that our guests are taken care of. We were happy to find the source of your cold room and move you when it was not warming up. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've stayed in Cody a couple of times for work/pleasure and this was the first time I stayed at the Ivy. I will definitely be staying there again on my next trip. The hotel is very comfortable and convenient to town and Yellowstone, very comfortable beds and rooms, friendly staff and good views. In short, there wasn't anything I didn't like about this hotel except that I couldn't stay there for the 3 weeks I was inCody last summer

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWSunset, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for such a great review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed it as much as we do. Our beds are amazing as you experienced. This summer or on your next trip we are glad that we will be able to be your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Long past due. My husband and I stayed here for just one night last October. It was clean,well appointed and had a very comfortable bed. We had cocktails at the bar during happy hour and it was very reasonable and good. Had breakfast at the hotel. Nice

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilovetotravel1966

Thank you for staying with us and also trying our restaurant. Happy hour is always a nice way to relax for our guests. Our cocktails are mixed expertly an our guests enjoy them after a long day of travel or business. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is always making sure that the rooms are clean and comfortable. Please come back to see us soon.