“Very nice place to stay in Cody WY”
Review of Super 8 Cody

Super 8 Cody
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This Super 8 is clean and close to everything you want to see or do in Cody WY. The staff was so nice and friendly. They went out of their way to help me make arrangement for various activities. The Buffalo Bill Museum is wonderful and we spent 2 days there. The rodeo was so much fun. Wish we could have seen it twice. Heart Mountain, a World War II Japanese Interment camp was nearby and the staff gave me excellent directions and an accurate description of the camp. n Don't miss the "shoot out" at the Irma hotel at 6 in the evening!! We were very pleased with this motel. We have stayed there before and plan to stay there again when we return to Cody. They recommended several excellent and reasonable places to eat in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We would like to thank you for the absolutely wonderful review you gave us, but more importantly for choosing to stay with us. There are a lot of hotel choices in the area and we are so glad you chose us. Our staff here works very hard to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and "feel at home' while staying with us. I am so glad you got to see so much of what Cody had to offer while you were here. Your review really helps future guests on what to see and do when they come to Cody.
We look forward to your return the next time you come to Cody. We will welcome you back anytime. Thank you again for your great review and I will share it with my entire staff.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Super 8 in Cody WY is a good value and has nice clean accommodations. Breakfast was available in the morning and had more than the usual coffee and fruit fare that most other motels provide. Service was friendly and a fairly quiet night was enjoyed. Oh yes, the Buffalo Bill Museum is near by, you don't want to miss it ! You cant go wrong with Super 8 on this one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. My staff will be happy to hear your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and the quality of our service. And you are so right about the Buffalo Bill Museum, it is a must see while in Cody. Thank you for choosing the Cody Super 8 for your home away from home, and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. When your travels bring you back to Cody, we do hope to see you back home with us again

Reviewed October 8, 2012

When I arrived, they did not have the change in my arrival date in their computer. They were expecting me the next night. They told me they were full but would try to get me a room. Most of the hotels in Cody were full and my options were limited because I was traveling with my dog. As I worked with the woman clerk, the manager (who had been involved in the discussion) took a phone call and promised the "Last room" to another woman traveling with a dog. I had been IN THE LOBBY trying to get a room for at least 5 minutes before the manager took the call and he promises someone else the last room!!!!! They finally got me a room, but the manager told me twice that the woman "would get in trouble" for what she was doing to get me a room. REALLY?!! To be fair, the woman was very nice and the manager was helpful after I checked in.
It is an older hotel, dark hallways but OK for the price. For the most part, it was clean. I always check for bed bugs. No bugs but a badly stained mattress. No oders and the mattress pad was clean. The front of the hotel is not very accessable for those with orthopedic issues. They do have a ramp but it is in the back. Overall the staff was nice and did help me with my luggage up the stairs. I give it a decent rating because the main issue was with check in.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Cody Super 8, I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. I know check in can be a trying experience when something goes wrong. I am glad we were able to get you into a room and that everything else was OK. If you come to Cody in the future please call me direct and I will make sure your reservation and room are perfect. I appreciate the fact that our guests take time to remark about our service and our property even when their experience isn't to their satisfaction. It is from such honesty that we can make improvements.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent 3 days in Rapid City, S.D. touring.
We decided to spend the night in Cody before we head for Old Faithful the next day.

Super 8th room was very nice and clean.
It had a microwave, medium fridge, safe deposite box, and coffee pot
The queen bed was very comfortable.
We also had a table , desk, dryer, & iron board…
Continental breakfast was average.
The clerk was nice and told us about the gunfight on main street(Sheridan Street) by Irma Cody Hotel at 6 pm. Sheridan street was less than a mile away.

If we had had the energy we would have attended the rodeo at 8 pm

Room Tip: You can drive down to Sheridan Street for shopping and places to eat. It cost more than other Super...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We strive to provide clean comfortable lodging at a reasonable price, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. You would have loved the rodeo, but maybe you can come back and see us again and our world famous rodeo.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good location, good value, very friendly front desk staff
Breakfast was barely adequate, lobby area very crowded

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you so much for choosing out hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the future.