“What an amazing experience!”
Review of Super 8 Cody

Super 8 Cody
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I have never experienced such genuine fantastic hospitatity as we did at the Cody Super 8. Dirk is the man!
We were provided with ample information about "things to do and places to eat" during out stay. Dirk was amazing and went above and beyond to help us with our every need. Dirk called a local business owner at home, because he wasn't able to reach anyone at the shop, to find out what the hours of operation were at his laundry service. He provided prices and convinced us to use the drop off service and enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant. We did just that and really enjoyed our day.
All staff were very professional and went out of their way to make our stay, not only comfortable, but legendary.
We loved Cody and will visit again. We look forward to seeing our friends at the Super 8.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DEpperle, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We would like to thank you for the absolutely wonderful review you gave us, but more importantly for choosing to stay with us. There are a lot of hotel choices in the area and we are so glad you chose us. Our team here works very hard to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and "feel at home' while staying with us.
We look forward to your return the next time you come to Cody.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Cody

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Super 8 in Cody is a cut above the average Super 8. When we checked in Kristin was very helpful about the motel and area. She made recommendations for restaurants based on where she dined. The rooms were the standard Super 8, it was clean, well lit and the furnature was average but in good condition. Breakfast was the standard continental breakfast with 24 hour coffee.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is to be enlarged in the coming year.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We strive to provide clean comfortable lodging at a reasonable price, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We came from Georgia to Cody to spend time at Yellowstone to celebrate our 40th anniversary. As you can imagine, due to the cost of the trip and the importance of the event, we wanted all to go well. It did and a significnat part of that was this hotel. Cordial and professional staff, good housekeeping, good breakfast, and a nice location in relation to Yellowstone and downtown Cody.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you are stair challenged make sure to book a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Super 8 Cody, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

First of all Happy Anniversary and hope your day was wonderful. Thank you so much for writing this excellent review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please join us again when your travels bring you back to Cody

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room was clean, but pretty cramped. I did not expect to have microwave/mini fridge. It's a surprise, we did not use them anyway. The room we stayed in did not look old. It might get renovated not too long ago. The breakfast was very basic. It's definitely pricey for a super 8. But you don't have many other choices in Cody.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. Glad you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities. I understand that the prices are high this time of year. Being a resort area so close to Yellowstone brings the price of rooms up. We here at the Super 8 do have the lowest prices of any chain hotel in the area so our guests know they are getting the best available rate.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We made an unexpected trip to Cody after hearing that we couldn't miss the Wild Bill museum if we were anywhere near that area. After reading the reviews, and hearing about Dirk, we chose this hotel. Dirk is GREAT! Super 8 has a secret weapon, and it is Dirk! Actually, everyone on staff there is nice and fun to deal with. But Dirk is awesome!
The rooms are clean, and comfortable. But they are old and need some updating. The water pressure in the shower was Not Good! And if someone else flushed, you got cold water spitting at you. And, after camping with no TV for over a week I was really looking forward to a little Food Channel action, and although it and HBO were listed on the Channel list next to the bed, those channels were NOT available.
So, while a good value in expensive (and often FULL UP) Cody, this is not a place I'll return to.

2  Thank GWMarcia

Thank you for staying with us. I wish I would have been able to talk to you before you left as we always want to make sure our guests enjoy their stay, or we will make it right. I do thank you for giving us the opportunity and hope your future travels are safe ones.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I needed a room and had no reservation. I had to pay the price. I got a double and paid full rate. However, being on the 2nd floor I needed some help with my luggage. No problem at all! Derk at the front desk got my luggage to my room for me. The next morning a woman working the desk (sorry, forgot to get her name) brought down my big suitcase. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My room was immaculate and everything was in good repair. The housekeeping and maintenance departments are really on their toes! They also recommended a great, locally owned restaurant right down the road. Authentic Mexican food that was really well done.

Room Tip: Take what you can get
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank themomWarren

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We value your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I will personally forward your compliments to all the staff

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Rooms pretty small and tired. The overwhelming smell of cleaning solution in each of the two rooms we had was horrific, and I wanted to check out, but there was no other room in Cody that night. My room had single pane glass, a curtain rod securing the window, and a bench for smokers outside my room, which really freaked me out, since this was on the back of the building. The Hotel Irma might be a better option, which is where we had breakfast. Dirk the front clerk was really nice, however, a testimony to the kind hearted folks of this town

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank suspect309

We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At the Cody Super 8 we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. Thank you for the nice comment about our staff as we do make every effort to make our guests happy.