“Neat motel, Great management”

A Western Rose Motel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopped for one night on the way to Yellowstone. We picked this motel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Motel is an older building, but management has undated it nicely. Very clean, new TV, refrigerator and coffee in room. You have your own assigned parking space in front of your room. You never need to worry about parking. Price cannot be beat in Cody.
The best part is management. They always have time for you. They suggested a great restaurant for us and it was good.
This is the only place I'm staying in Cody.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda O, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your compliment. We love our slice of Giddy Up here in Cody (tattoo's even available across the street!) With little time, I'll be sure to point you in the right direction, make reservations, give you a ride to the airport-we'll figure it out.

It got me to thinking about a man that said he HAD to book somewhere that was more expensive for his wife. Why? I asked. He said bc if it's more expensive, it's nicer. I explained my ratings were higher than the more expensive property he was talking about and mine is closer to all the shops and restaurants. What is it at the more expensive place is they have that I don't (granted my lobby carpeting is ugly, but I'm working on that!) Staying out near the rodeo doesn't give you the chance to go out , shop and pace the streets.

There are newer reviews for A Western Rose Motel

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were on our way to Jackson, WY, and wanted to visit Cody on our way. Just needed a clean room with a comfortable bed at a reasonable price. The Budget Host Inn Cody filled the bill. It's not fancy, but we weren't looking for fancy. It's not cheap until you look at the prices other motels are charging in the Yellowstone area. We could walk to restaurants and shops, and it was located in a quiet end of town. I went walking in the morning and felt safe. It was just what we needed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Brenda O, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for your compliment, they continue to motivate us. I encourage our guests to take a walk. Not only are we within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants, but we are 2 blocks from the original trail that the cowboys would enter Cody on (there's no plaque, I found the info out from the neighbors).

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The manager is a great person, she helped us a lot when we got a trouble with our rental car, so kind-hearted and helpful!

The room is very secure and clean, with a parking lot right in front of the door. It's a really good deal around Yellowstone area, you know, even a tent would be $80+ for a night there...

All in all, a really good place to go!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Bolishous, Owner at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your compliment and because of you I will now ALWAYS check my rental car for the spare tire. I still can't believe that happened to you! Nice to know AAA is available in the area. I've traveled around the world too and have relied on strangers for help. What comes around goes around.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, convenient, friendly location to stay while exploring the Yellowstone area or just passing through, this is it! Brenda and Mark are exceptional hosts and very helpful in finding the best places to eat and visit. We didn’t need hot tubs, pools or substandard breakfasts at exorbitant cost. A simple room with a very comfortable bed, hot water in a clean bathroom and FOX News on the T.V. was perfect for my wife and me as we toured the area. And the assigned parking spot right in front of our room was awesome. Simple is good. Next time in the area, I will be staying with my new friends. Ride safe and Semper Fi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your compliments! Clean, comfortable, quiet, affordable, convenient & within strolling distance to all the best shops and restaurants.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at the Budget Host Inn Cody for 3 nights. A pleasant affordable motel at one end of the main street, shops & restaurants within walking distance. Room was clean, staff friendly, keen to help & efficient. A good base from which to explore Cody & beyond. Try the trolley bus tour, Cody Rodeo & Buffalo Bill Museum.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your compliment! They mean so much to all of us. We love this little place and the history it holds.

The best thing about our location is that we are within walking distance of all the downtown action. Then you can walk back to the property and it's nice and quiet!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had worked with Brenda to book the 3 Queen Bed room through emails during the off-season. She was great in accommodating our needs. We were on a 5 day motorcycle ride and arrived in Cody soaked to the bone after enduring a rain & hail storm on the way in. Brenda not only got us set-up with our room, but also offered to dry our clothes at no charge. Our room was perfect, clean and just the right size. I would recommend staying here to anybody traveling to Cody.

Room Tip: If you have a group of 3 or more, the 3 Queen Bed room is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your compliment!
Our 2 Bedroom and 1 Bath, Triple Queen room is one of our most popular.
We only have 1 of these rooms, it's best to call directly for reservations.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was looking specifically for an affordable room at a place that would provide pick-up at the airport, so I selected the Budget Inn based on that. I was extremely pleased with my choice. The place is old-fashioned and simple, but it's well-maintained and clean. Brenda, the owner, provided the best customer service I have ever received. She was extremely friendly and helpful. She arrived at the airport less than 15 minutes after I called, and she even volunteered to stop at the store for me. I had a delightful time talking to her. Other reviewers have complained about noise, but I didn't have any problems, and there was a couple in the room next to me. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you Tasha for your compliment. You made our day. We all work very hard to make your stay here enjoyable, safe, clean, comfortable and quiet. Granted, the building has been here since the 70's so there's only so much we can do, but that's also part of the experience staying here. I hope you're enjoying your trip and we'll see you again sometime!