“Would recommend to my friends”

A Western Rose Motel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I liked the old school motel feeling; one story, park in front off your door, a real key. As others have said, the room was basic but very clean. Exactly what I'm looking for in a low cost motel.
The owners seem nice and take an actual interest in their guests. I arrived later than expected, without being able to call. I found the key waiting, and the heat and a light on, with a note.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank grottologist
Brenda O, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Yes, A REAL KEY!! Guests arriving after office hours (if after 10PM, please call me 307-587-4258) will find the key waiting for them in the door with a light on and heat/AC if needed. If I have your cell, I'll give you a call to see where you are, but most web site do not provide me that info.
YOUR ROOM IS ALWAYS GUARENTEED here, regardless of when you arrive.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This clean and basic place to stay is what you want when searching in this price range. The room was simple but spotless and the linens were fresh. I chose this place because I was just "dashing through" town and wanted convenience and a low price. It turned out to be more than that. The owner/proprietor obviously has a personal stake in the business and it shows. She was very helpful with food locations etc and even offered to store my luggage between my checkout and my actual departure from Cody. I like that it is right on the main street of shops and restaurants but down at the end so it is remarkably quiet. All the food/drink/shopping is an easy walk. If you are in need of inexpensive and convenient, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: This is a small "old style" motel so you will be parking in front of your door.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rocky14er

Thank you for your compliment. You never realize how convienent it is to park outside your door until you're at another property, forget something and have to travel down the hall, a few flights of stairs, across the parking lot only to forget what you went there for by the time you get there!!

Everything you need is right here. Another guest liked our "sense of community". Guests sitting outside their doors or inside with the doors open, chatting away. You are our friend as soon as you arrive and even after you leave!

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here! The owners are great, the room was clean and comfortable, loved the mattress and we were able to walk to almost everything we wanted to see or do and to most restaurants. Wish we had stayed there longer!

• Stayed: June 2013

We always say, "you'll wish you had stayed another night!" It's not a slogan, it's the truth. Guests are surprised how much there is to do here besides going to Yellowstone. Besides the Buffalo Bill Historical Center and Rodeo, there's also Old Trail Town, Buffalo Bill Damn, Heart Mountain, Wild Mustangs, River Rides, oh my!!

Thank you for your compliment it means so much to all of us.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just returned from a trip to Yellowstone and stayed 2 nights here. The bed was comfy, the room was exceptionally clean and smelled nice. This is an older establishment, but don't let that put you off; it's well maintained by the owners, Brenda and Mark. They are both very pleasant people and very helpful with dining suggestions in Cody. This was a quick trip for me so I wanted to hit all the highlights in Yellowstone. Brenda helped me figure out the best route in order to see everything on my list. The hotel isn't in the heart of downtown Cody, but so close that you can walk to most of the restaurants in town.
I'm a single female that was traveling alone; I always felt safe in my hotel room and while walking to dinner at the Irma (around 8:30pm). (BTW - the Irma Hotel is a must see. Ask Brenda, she'll tell you all about it!!)
I marked Swimming Pool and Fitness Center really low because they have neither of these onsite. This is a great place to crash during your stay in Cody or a trip to Yellowstone. If you're more into hanging out at the pool and running on a treadmill instead of going out to see the sites, this place is not for you!!
One travel tip: if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. I never travel without them whether it's loud neighbors or a travel companion that snores!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you Travel Chick! Your compliment made our day! With so little time in Cody, we want to point you in the right direction. Atttractions like Old Trail Town, the gunfight (every night except Sundays outside of Buffalo Bills hotel) and the Rodeo and the beautiful scenic roads taking you to Yellowstone are just some of our "insider tips". Call with us directly, we're booking up fast. If we're full, we'll send you over to our friends and fellow business owners.
Someday, I'm going to make it out to TX!! Thanks again!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here on May 17 th, 2013 enroute to Yellowstone. After a 12 hour drive, all you really wan't is a clean room and a comfortable bed which we found waiting for us when we checked in. Brenda and her husband (Owners) are friendly and helpful. They suggested sights to see and places to dine. Definitely the place to stay the next time we head west.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rand S
Bolishous, General Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you, GOF, for your compliment, you made our day!
Considering your name, it means even more!
With only a certain amount of time in town, we'll lead you in the right direction.
Have a great summer and hopefully we'll see you again someday.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My son and I stayed here for 11 nights last fall, near the end of the season. We were given fantastic rates and excellent service. We were treated as not just customers, but more like guests in their home. The owners are bringing new life to this motel in the way they care about it and about their guests. We will stay here again, should the opportunity arise.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank murrellmom
Bolishous, Manager at A Western Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your compliment and for staying with us!
Our goal is to provide our guests with safe, clean, comfortable, quiet and affordable rooms, close to downtown.
Hopefully the Cobra Mustang took you safely home.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, good room, friendly owners, extremely helpful with local attractions, close enough to main street to walk to the historic Irma Hotel, would definitely recommend, and would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your compliment and for staying with us, it means so much to me and my coworkers.

Located just a few miles from the Cody Airport, we'll even pick/drop you off!

The property is on the quiet end of Sheridan Ave (which is the main street in town).
You can walk to all the best shops and restaurants from here.