“a disapointment”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cody - Yellowstone
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed September 23, 2008

the facts:

hot tub not warm water at all.
sauna does not work.
hotel has wireless service - clerk at desk said it was free
hotel computer did not have printer so I could print out something

room did not seem to be set-up for business, more for tourists. Not really a desk to work at.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank mtravellerbillings

Reviewed July 27, 2008

Loved the stay here. We pulled into town with a very sick family member. They didn't have any rooms clean yet, so they let us stay in a huge suite for several hours.
The staff is so unbelievably friendly, especially the older lady that runs the front desk. They were so helpful and wonderful.
The rooms were clean, the lobby was well decorated in the western theme. The beds were comfortable.
The pool was large and nearly 6 feet deep.
I have nothing bad to say about this place.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way out of Yellowstone, flying out the next morning. It was a cute little motel that suited our purpose just fine, if a little pricey. The lobby was charming, the service was dedicated and polite and the room was clean and up to date. It looks on a map like it's not in the middle of downtown but it is close to the rodeo and downtown is all of 5 minutes away so it's not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at on our 10-day trip to the West. It was a little more pricey, however, we had not reserved in advance so I suspect we could have gotten a better rate.

The rooms were clean, very quiet and the pool area for the kids was perfect. We discovered this chain on this trip and selected 2 additional AmericInns during our trip since they were consistently quiet with pretty comfortable beds.

The BBQ place next door is great, each of us had a very good meal. It was packed, but moves people through quickly.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MadtownTravels
Reviewed June 19, 2007

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and the longest stay I have had here (6 nights). The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are extremely clean and still seem brand new. The internet access always works, and is fast. The breakfast they provide is excellent and had a good selection, from Belgian Waffles to hard boiled eggs, cereal and fruit. Also had the opportunity to try their indoor pool and jacuzzi, which were clean and nice, although the chlorine odor was strong. I will definitely stay there again when I visit Cody.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. It is on the main street close to the Buffalo Bill museum and a good barbeque chicken restaurant. It is very western, very clean, quiet, and has a lobby that is filled with over 30 stuffed animals. I was told that this is only part of the owner's collection! I would stay here again. Take only what you need to the room. There is no elevator!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2006

This hotel is very nicely kept. I would recommend staying here. there are a few things travelers should know however. I was told by the desk clerk that she would not stamp my Inn-Pressive Club from AmericInn because I was using my AAA discount for the room. I feel this was wrong. I have been a member of the Inn-Pressive Club for many years and have never been refused getting it stamped when I used my AAA rate. I have written to the corporate office so we will see what they say.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple