“Nice little motel”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cody - Yellowstone
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Cody
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed here for one night on our way out of Yellowstone, flying out the next morning. It was a cute little motel that suited our purpose just fine, if a little pricey. The lobby was charming, the service was dedicated and polite and the room was clean and up to date. It looks on a map like it's not in the middle of downtown but it is close to the rodeo and downtown is all of 5 minutes away so it's not a problem.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2007

This was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at on our 10-day trip to the West. It was a little more pricey, however, we had not reserved in advance so I suspect we could have gotten a better rate.

The rooms were clean, very quiet and the pool area for the kids was perfect. We discovered this chain on this trip and selected 2 additional AmericInns during our trip since they were consistently quiet with pretty comfortable beds.

The BBQ place next door is great, each of us had a very good meal. It was packed, but moves people through quickly.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MadtownTravels
Reviewed June 19, 2007

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and the longest stay I have had here (6 nights). The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are extremely clean and still seem brand new. The internet access always works, and is fast. The breakfast they provide is excellent and had a good selection, from Belgian Waffles to hard boiled eggs, cereal and fruit. Also had the opportunity to try their indoor pool and jacuzzi, which were clean and nice, although the chlorine odor was strong. I will definitely stay there again when I visit Cody.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Yellowstone. It is on the main street close to the Buffalo Bill museum and a good barbeque chicken restaurant. It is very western, very clean, quiet, and has a lobby that is filled with over 30 stuffed animals. I was told that this is only part of the owner's collection! I would stay here again. Take only what you need to the room. There is no elevator!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2006

This hotel is very nicely kept. I would recommend staying here. there are a few things travelers should know however. I was told by the desk clerk that she would not stamp my Inn-Pressive Club from AmericInn because I was using my AAA discount for the room. I feel this was wrong. I have been a member of the Inn-Pressive Club for many years and have never been refused getting it stamped when I used my AAA rate. I have written to the corporate office so we will see what they say.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2006

A great hotel of our trip August 2006. Lobby is full of stuffed wildlife.

Pool was great. Unfortunately it is adult only from 10-12 and we weren't back from the rodeo til 10 :15. Kids swam in the morning, though!

Breakfast was great!

Convenient to Rodeo and white water rafting and Bubba's Barbeque restaurant in the parking lot.

1  Thank Travling5
Reviewed August 18, 2006

AmericInn is working a good concept -- the promise of a QUIET room. When we asked for a quiet room away from activity (as we always do) the staff told us about the rooms being built with 6" concrete blocks; they also told us to call them if we had any problems with noise and they'd take care of it. Nice initial experience!

The property was well cared for and in great shape. The room was slightly larger then most. It was exceptionally clean and had all the amenities you'd expect. The shower had excellent water pressure and bowed curtains. Wi-fi worked flawlessly. The room looked out on a little grassy area with a fence which added to a sense of privacy. I didn't use the pool but appreciated that from 10-midnight it's adult only.

My two complaints: For the price we paid, the breakfast was incredibly lame. Two cereal choices, no fresh fruit, no yogurt. Mostly just carb/bread options plus some hard boiled eggs. For $150 they could do much better. Also the pillows were so overstuffed I ended up sleeping on a folded over towel. We called the front desk to ask for another pillow type but to no avail.

Lastly, I recommend skipping dinner at Bubba's BBQ next door because of their food was very bland. Not what you expect of a BBQ joint.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple